ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in The UK test done! what's next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Life in The UK test done! what's next?

Post by Jana2011 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Today I've just passed my UK life Test :D
and due to my situation as ILR holder I'm going to apply for citizenship soon :P

But I've been told that I need another test which is an ENGLISH TEST!
Unfortunately, I checked the gov.uk on how to book such a test but no luck to find out

Could you please advise me on how to book the English Test?

N.B

Another thing please:
I have a BA degree in English Literature from Damascus University (Syria) and I was an English Teacher for two years in the U.A.E. (certificates are available as well)

However, my certificate is written in Arabic, and has been legalised and stamped by the Syrian Ministry of Education and the Foreign Secretary as genuine.(that was on 2004) my question is it possible to skip the English test by presenting such a certificate along with my citizenship application?? I don't mind to do the test but just if there is a possibility to have a short cut to my Citizenship application and to save some quids

please advise on both points with many thanks for all of you

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Life in The UK test done! what's next?

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Might as well take the English language test.

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada). UK NARIC will not translate your certificate which is in Arabic.

See approved test centre
www.gov.uk/government/publications/guid ... uage-tests

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Post by Jana2011 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Thank you Hstepper07 very much indeed