ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate Requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agoel
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate Requirements

Post by agoel » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi,

We have a laminated marriage certificate from India which we tried to de-laminate and got slightly tampered. To cover that, we have got a non-judicial stamp attesting the duplicate copy from Marriage Registrar office. Though the stamp is in Hindi language. Will this be acceptable for registering our son for British citizenship?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage Certificate Requirements

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:02 pm

We (me & my wife) used our laminated Indian marriage certificates everywhere and haven't ever had any problems. However, ours did carry all information in both English and Hindi.

Usually, 2 original copies are issued one to each partner. In case you only had one, still obtaining a duplicate is a very easy procedure. Provide a letter of authorization along with the reason for obtaining a new one, photocopy of current certificate, to a friend/relative in India to collect one on your behalf and post it to you.

You could also get it counter attested by Indian Consulate through VFS in the UK. (http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/Attes ... ments.html)

Hope it helps.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI