ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics have been lost by post office?!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarahnicole412
Newly Registered

Biometrics have been lost by post office?!

Post by sarahnicole412 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:43 am

Hi,

I applied for naturalisation on Feb 21st via NCS. I received the biometric invitation letter March 5th, and enrolled my biometrics March 9th at the post office branch in Croydon. Then today I had a letter dated March 23rd stating that I'd failed to enrol my biometrics within the 15 day time limit.

I have confirmation that I enrolled on the 9th. I called the number on the letter to explain my situation and was told that 'the post office quite regularly fails to transmit the data to the home office'. They said I'd need to go along again and enrol my information, paying another £19.20 for the privilege, and hope that this time they get the information. They did note that this may delay my application.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into a similar situation...? Can it be right that I just have to enrol again and pay again and continue to wait?

Thanks,
Sarah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometrics have been lost by post office?!

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:49 am

You can wait if you wish and not enroll them again and risk losing £1,287.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:50 am

If you got notified via letter from HO regarding your failure to enroll your biometrics, you simply need to carry the letter and original receipt from PO to the same PO and they would do it for free.

We had to re-enroll the biometrics after five and a half month gap from the date of the application though got the result within next 15 days. We were not charged.

Delay is unavoidable.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

sarahnicole412
Newly Registered

Post by sarahnicole412 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:46 pm

They won’t do that anymore, actually. I just did that, and they said it’s the home office who have to refund me. They said it’s unlikely to happen, and so I re-enrolled and paid again.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Couple of things here,

If HO letter states Post Office lost it no reason why PO won't refund you, however, if it does not and PO claim it was HO fault, then you could write to HO.

I have recieved refunds from both parties for different reasons though. Hence I can confirm if you persued it properly you can get refund.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI