ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Takeover, Travel Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaimeejose
Newly Registered
India

Company Takeover, Travel Question

Post by jaimeejose » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:03 pm

I've got a situation but need your assistance on this. I was working with Company A and they were or are sponsoring me for Tier 2 General Visa.
Company A has been acquired by Company B and my current employer (i.e. Company A) is said that, from 1st March, all employees have been transfered over to Company B as per the TUPE process.
We are told that after the TUPE consultation, all visas would be transferred to Company B. This would be probably after the employees have been transferred to Company B, i.e. after 1st March.
My HR also told that she is notified Home office and has been chasing them and was told off saying 18 weeks processing time.

My question is that: Would there be any issue if I'm on holidays and out of the country for few 2 weeks from end of April and return to the UK after mid May.
As I would still be on Company A's visa and not Company B's visa when I'm returning back to the UK.

also my wife and baby who are my dependents are travelling next week to India for a month or so.
Would this be of any issue with the Uk Border Agency?

Thank you

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: Company Takeover, Travel Question

Post by 4uvak » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:28 pm

I would not advise to travel until absolutely nessasary untill all paperwork is sorted 100%. There are too many variables in situations like this which are out of your control.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:43 am

As 4uvak said avoid travel by all means. Went through a similar situation and tempting as it may be do not travel until all is sorted. TUPE transfers can be tricky.

A friend of mine traveled about 3 months ago before his switch was complete; granted it wasn't TUPE. But on return he was denied entry and given 2 days to pack. He is still fighting the issue. Honestly it is not worth the potential hustle.

jaimeejose
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaimeejose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Thank you both "ladida" and "4uvak" for the quick replies.

Does Anyone know How long does a TUPE Transfer take to get confirmation from the Home Office, When Both the Companies have Sponsorship license.