ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa while both out of UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicki
Newly Registered

Spouse visa while both out of UK

Post by nicki » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi there

I hope that one can help us clarify few matters.
We got married last year and are living together since then in Serbia but, now we are prepared to move to UK and in order to do that my spouse needs to get the spouse visa. We are both professionals, have more than 14.000 GBP savings.
Questions:
-Is there a possibility to apply for spouse visa -
1. While I'm (the sponsor)not in UK?
2. Have no job lined in UK at the moment?
3. Is a job offer good enough proof of me being able to show that I am interested to work in UK, and how would one job offer look like?
4. No proof of address at the moment?
5. Would a invitation to rent the flat of my previous landlord be sufficient proof and how should the invitation look like?

I thank you for your help in advance

Nicki

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:49 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thesaint

Re: Spouse visa while both out of UK

Post by thesaint » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:21 pm

nicki wrote:Hi there

I hope that one can help us clarify few matters.
We got married last year and are living together since then in Serbia but, now we are prepared to move to UK and in order to do that my spouse needs to get the spouse visa. We are both professionals, have more than 14.000 GBP savings.
Questions:
-Is there a possibility to apply for spouse visa -
1. While I'm (the sponsor)not in UK?
2. Have no job lined in UK at the moment?
3. Is a job offer good enough proof of me being able to show that I am interested to work in UK, and how would one job offer look like?
4. No proof of address at the moment?
5. Would a invitation to rent the flat of my previous landlord be sufficient proof and how should the invitation look like?

I thank you for your help in advance

Nicki
I don’t think there is any problem
My wife and I had the same case nearly 3 years ago because we had savings and good qualifications it was alright
The only thing I can think of is the accommodation. in our case we had a litter from my father in law with the deeds to show we have a suitable accommodation when we arrive to the country
If you can’t do the same try to ask any of your family or friends to rent a place for you and let him send you the tenancy agreement
I am sure it will be alright

nicki
Newly Registered

Post by nicki » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks a lot Vinny and thesaint

After goign through the links provided and advice I think I should prepare all the needed document and apply for visa.

Thanka again