ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G) to ILR - Family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tyrion463
Newly Registered

Tier 2(G) to ILR - Family

Post by tyrion463 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if the questions are repetitive.

I am eligible to apply for ILR on Tier 2 (G) 5 year route on April 24th and my visa expires in June so does my wife's who has been living in UK with me from last 2 years as my dependent.

I know she is not eligible to apply for ILR, not for another 3 years.

1. what application form or visa route should i fill to extend her visa ?

2. when i am booking the Premium Service Appointment it asks if i have any dependent with me for this application, should i say yes to this and take my wife with me ?

Appreciate any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2(G) to ILR - Family

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Tier 2 dependent form, online only.
2. when i am booking the Premium Service Appointment it asks if i have any dependent with me for this application, should i say yes to this and take my wife with me ?
You say NO as she is NOT applying for ILR with you. If you want to extend her visa in person, she needs a separate appointment on her own, a couple of hours after yours. If your ILR fails, her application will also fail. If you ILR is held for further checks, hers will also be held.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tyrion463
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2(G) to ILR - Family

Post by tyrion463 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 pm
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Tier 2 dependent form, online only.

1. Will this needs the same documentation as the first time she applied like sponsor letter, maintenance funds letter (from sponsor) marriage certificate etc...?

You say NO as she is NOT applying for ILR with you. If you want to extend her visa in person, she needs a separate appointment on her own, a couple of hours after yours. If your ILR fails, her application will also fail. If you ILR is held for further checks, hers will also be held.

2. If i go first on my own and application been held/failed can she then apply in a month's time ? or she has to wait until a decision has been made, because she has only a month's visa after i applied.