ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR Biometric card should have?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Dependent ILR Biometric card should have?

Post by s0787671 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:32 pm

HI,

I am a British Citizen and my wife recenlty got her ILR biometric and it doesnt state a family member of EU/EEA which, most emabassy asks for if your partner wishes to travel to EU with partner without Schengen visa.

I am confused on this, we are planning on travelling to netherlands and I was told if your wife has permanent residence in UK can travel with you without visa except the biometric card should show EU family member. I thought ILR card will show that as I have citizenship here and she obtained ILR as my dependent.

Our marriage certificate was also issued here in UK and that should be valid proof of that.

Please do suggest
Bharat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent ILR Biometric card should have?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 pm

I am a British Citizen and my wife recenlty got her ILR biometric and it doesnt state a family member of EU/EEA which, most emabassy asks for if your partner wishes to travel to EU with partner without Schengen visa.
That is because she has not applied for PR through the EEA/EU route as the spouse of an EU citizen but through the UK immigration rule route, and her BRP card will not state 'family of EU citizen' and neither can you ask for it to be included on the BRP card.
I am confused on this, we are planning on travelling to netherlands and I was told if your wife has permanent residence in UK can travel with you without visa except the biometric card should show EU family member. I thought ILR card will show that as I have citizenship here and she obtained ILR as my dependent.
You are considered only British for the purpose of her visa route and ILR and not an 'EU citizen'. She holds ILR (UK visa route) and not PR (EEA/EU residence permit route).

She will have to apply for a visa, which should be free of charge.

P.S. also not necessary to make multiple almost identical posts in different sub forums!

europe-immigration-forum/schengen-visa- ... l#p1616010
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Yes I know about the visa being free, but its the hassle of dealing with VFS office who are agency for the embassy, a complete pain to deal with.

So for the EEA family PR , what SET form would that have been, I know not in our case as it was SET O for my wife.
Bharat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:29 pm

So for the EEA family PR , what SET form would that have been
EEA(PR) but it is not applicable to your spouse at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.