ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Tier2 employer - Dependent visa validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Change of Tier2 employer - Dependent visa validity

Post by mmmughal » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:49 am

Good morning all,

I am on working on Tier2 visa, which is valid till Feb,2020. I have two dependents with same Tier2 visa validity. Received a job offer from a company with Tier2 licence which is willing to sponsor me. My questions are,

1. My notice period is one month. How to manage timing between joining and resignation.
2. My wife and son have (Tier2 dependent) visa valid for another two years. May i need to apply for their new visa with my future employer, once i got my new BRP.
3. How long is the process in general ?

I am very new to this process therefore any further advice regarding to Tier2 change of job is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mo.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of Tier2 employer - Dependent visa validity

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:35 am

1. My notice period is one month. How to manage timing between joining and resignation.
You should not resign until you have your new visa. Should not be an issue to serve your notice period.
2. My wife and son have (Tier2 dependent) visa valid for another two years. May i need to apply for their new visa with my future employer, once i got my new BRP.
No, they do not have to apply with you. They can continue on their existing visas.
3. How long is the process in general ?
Depends if you apply by post or in person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Many thanks for your reply. Future employer wants me to apply for same day visa (Premium Service i guess). If HO grants me visa on same day with a letter saying i will receive BRP in a week or two.

Am i good to resign, or should i wait to receive my new BRP and then resign to serve notice period.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Should be ok if you are approved at premium centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Many thanks CR001 for an ultra fast reply. :)

My dependents are still good to travel out of the U.K. and come back to the U.K. with their existing (valid till Feb 2020) Tier2 dependent visa, even if i change my Tier2 visa ?

They will travel from U.K. in end of April and they will come back in mid July. I think i will change my job while they were out of the U.K.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:36 pm

My dependents are still good to travel out of the U.K. and come back to the U.K. with their existing (valid till Feb 2020) Tier2 dependent visa, even if i change my Tier2 visa ?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Tier2 employer

Post by mmmughal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:59 pm

I have received a COS today. It is code 2124 (shortage occupation). As mentioned earlier, i am working on Tier2 General visa. I want to switch my visa within the U.K.

Could you please share a web link from where i made my application considering i want to apply for Premium Service.

Thanks in advance.

M.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:40 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:32 am

Many thanks for your reply CR001.

New COS is issued for 5 years. I need only 18 months visa to be eligible for ILR.

Can I apply for 3 year visa using a 5 year ILR ?
Is it possible, if employer can change dates on the COS, or add notes in the system regarding end date on COS ?
May I need a new COS with 3 years validity in case I want to apply/pay for 3 years visa ?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am

How long the visa is you get depends on how long you have already held a Tier 2 General visa. You won't be issued a visa that will exceed the maximum 6 years allowed on Tier 2 General in total.

If your CoS states 5 years, you have to apply based on what the CoS says but you will get less visa validity.

Not sure if they can add an amended date in CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am
How long the visa is you get depends on how long you have already held a Tier 2 General visa. You won't be issued a visa that will exceed the maximum 6 years allowed on Tier 2 General in total.

If your CoS states 5 years, you have to apply based on what the CoS says but you will get less visa validity.

Many thanks for your reply CR001. I have being on Tier2 for 3 years and 2 months. Came to the U.K. in Feb, 2015. Leave will expire in Feb,2020. My wife already have a 4 years 9 months visa. She came to the U.K. in June, 2015 and her current leave will expire in Feb, 2020. She might need another visa to complete her 5 years towards ILR. My son’s leave is valid till feb, 2020. He might not need a visa once I get a settled status. I will apply for his naturalisation once I get my ILR.

Requesting a new COS for 3 years from my future employer is the best/safe option for me ?

Please advice.

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am

Future employer asked HO to change the length of COS from 5 to 3 years. HO suggested to add notes to the existing COS. No need for a new COS.

Future employer added notes to the COS. I have paid visa fees and health surcharge for 3 year's. Booked a premium appointment.

I will keep you updated. Thanks a lot for your help CR001.

Regards,
M.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Great. Good luck
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:28 pm
Great. Good luck
Hi CR001,

My Tier2 visa is approved. Employer added notes into the COS to reduce the duration to 3 years from 5 years.

Regards,
M.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Congrats :P
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Thu May 17, 2018 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Congrats :P
Many thank for your help and suggestion. Highly appreciate it ! :D