ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa !

Post by Hova » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello all ! Thanks in advance for any help offered . I have just joined the site . My query is, I am about to apply for a spouse settlement visa . I am applying here visa4uk . I hope this is the right site ? As mentioned i am applying for a spouse Settlement visa. I am a british citizen. I met my wife 2 and a half years ago. I have been to her country 4 times . The last time i was there we got married . A registry office and a traditional ceremony . i have pictures and witnesses . Going through the online application with her just know . She speaks English well but the country she comes from is not covered in the English speaking section. So does that mean she has to take a test before arriving here .
A person i spoke to lead me to believe the test only happens once she has been here for a length of time ? Also since i have to supply most of the documents/Information . Is it better for me to get her to send me her Passport and application . Then add my documents and send everything off. From here, rather than me sending everything to her country,Then her posting everything back to an address in my country ? Thanks for any help !

Hills75
Newly Registered
Zambia

Re: Spouse visa !

Post by Hills75 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello
Where is your wife from?

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hova » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Ghana

Hills75
Newly Registered
Zambia

Post by Hills75 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Yes your wife needs to meet the english requirement. IELTS A1 Speaking and Listening test and you need to submit that with the application. Also she needs to take the TB test.
With regard of the documents not so sure, My husband is having them DHL to zambia

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hova » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:29 pm

ok Thanks !

AL1982
Pakistan

Post by AL1982 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm

No. She needs her passport to submit at during Biometric stage so do not have her send it.

Everything else you will submit to Sheffield.

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hova » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 pm

AL1982 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm
No. She needs her passport to submit at during Biometric stage so do not have her send it.

Everything else you will submit to Sheffield.
Hello ! So i dont have to send Bank statements, Payslips, Other documents to Ghana. Can she send Her documents to me ? minus the passport . Then i can send it too shefield ??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.