ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - ILR Salary Increase month before ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jafarkuku
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Tier 2 - ILR Salary Increase month before ilr

Post by jafarkuku » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey everyone,

Its my first time posting here, even though been following for years!

Now im in a bit of a pickle. My salary was recently increased to 35k from 32k which became effective in december (this month).

I have my ILR application on the 5th of january and after reading a few posts here about sudden salary increases being flagged to HO, i'm now a bit worried my application will either be delayed or refused.

Just so i'm clear, there was alot of annual salary increment given to people in july of this year but for personal reasons mine was only given in december.

My job's soc code is 3421 (which is on my current COS) which is on the shortage of occupation list and the rate of pay is 21200 as stated in the codes of practice. So technically i'm exempt from the 35000 requirement from my understanding.

Also on the day of my application i was going to hand in my most recent payslip (which will be of my new salary) and 1 months bank statement (which will also show my new salary).

So my questions now are...
1). Can any of you advise if this sudden salary increase is going to cause an issue for me when making my application?

2). If just handing in my most recent bank statement for the month of Decemeber is okay? (as there is no where where it asks for 3 months).

3). Should my employer update the sms to indicate my salary has been increased even though this is the first increase I've had this year and could count as an annual increase?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 - ILR Salary Increase month before ilr

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:12 pm

So my questions now are...
1). Can any of you advise if this sudden salary increase is going to cause an issue for me when making my application?
Yes. It will raise concern for sure. I dont understand the reason why you salary was incremented in December while the rest of the people in July. Would you able to justify that this is part of annual increment?

I suggest get a letter from employer confirming that this was normal pay rise as part of annual increment based no yoru performance. Also youd' need a letter to show why your case is differetn than the rest of the team members
2). If just handing in my most recent bank statement for the month of Decemeber is okay? (as there is no where where it asks for 3 months).
Yes. You can submit 1 month statement but normally three months banks statements required.
Even if you provide 1 month bank statement CW can easily see how much you have been paid in last X months as its all recorded in HMRC

3). Should my employer update the sms to indicate my salary has been increased even though this is the first increase I've had this year and could count as an annual increase?
Normally annual increment pay rise are not required toe be updated in the SMS system. But I suggest get the letters as I have suggested.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

jafarkuku
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by jafarkuku » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 pm

makky86 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:12 pm
Yes. It will raise concern for sure. I don't understand the reason why you salary was incremented in December while the rest of the people in July. Would you able to justify that this is part of annual increment?
Hey thanks for your reply!

Well to be completely honest this was due an internal investigation that i was caught up in, in the company in April, so they decided that until that was concluded, they would withhold my increase.

Do you think if they mentioned that , that i'll be fine or is the investigation bad for my application?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:12 pm

jafarkuku wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 pm
makky86 wrote:
Yes. It will raise concern for sure. I don't understand the reason why you salary was incremented in December while the rest of the people in July. Would you able to justify that this is part of annual increment?

Well to be completely honest this was due an internal investigation that i was caught up in, in the company in April, so they decided that until that was concluded, they would withhold my increase.

Do you think if they mentioned that , that i'll be fine or is the investigation bad for my application?
I highly recommend that you get a letter from your employer that there was some sort of investigation which resulted in your favor hence is the reason of delay increment.

Apart from this you'd need letter from employer that oyu will still be required for "Forseeable future".

jafarkuku
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by jafarkuku » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 am

makky86 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:12 pm
jafarkuku wrote:
makky86 wrote:

I highly recommend that you get a letter from your employer that there was some sort of investigation which resulted in your favor hence is the reason of delay increment.

Apart from this you'd need letter from employer that oyu will still be required for "Forseeable future".

Hi, just thought i'd give an update.

I applied for my ILR yesterday and it was successful! I followed your instructions and got a letter from my employer about the investigation being in my favour like you asked.

Anyways thank you makky86!!!!!!

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:24 am

I applied for my ILR yesterday and it was successful! I followed your instructions and got a letter from my employer about the investigation being in my favour like you asked.

Congratulations. Glad to hear that

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:13 pm

jafarkuku wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 am
makky86 wrote:
jafarkuku wrote:
makky86 wrote:

Hi! i guess im on the same kind of board. As per this convo...Did You submit the salary increament letter with your all othe docs or you just took it with urself to be on the safe site??

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:54 am

makky86 wrote:
jafarkuku wrote:
makky86 wrote:

Hi, Makky86... Hope ypu doing alright. i guess im on the same kind of board. As per this convo...Do i have to submit the salary increament letter with all other docs or just have to take it to be on the safe site and if they ask the will show! please suggest.

Kind Regards

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Please let us know if you had to submit a salary increment letter? or just the employment letter and absence letter enough? to confirm all the information about the applicant?