ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pbs dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amnausman21
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Pbs dependent

Post by Amnausman21 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi

I came in uk in december 2016, my husband is on tier 2 but he will be completing his 10years in janury 2019
He will be applying for ilr, what would be my status after then? And when will i be completing my time for ilr?
As i was reading some where that i will need to complete again 5 years to apply for ilr? Which will exclude these 3 years which i spent as pbs dependent
Really seeking for some guaidnce thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Pbs dependent

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Amnausman21 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 pm
Hi

I came in uk in december 2016, my husband is on tier 2 but he will be completing his 10years in janury 2019
He will be applying for ilr, what would be my status after then? And when will i be completing my time for ilr?
As i was reading some where that i will need to complete again 5 years to apply for ilr? Which will exclude these 3 years which i spent as pbs dependent
Really seeking for some guaidnce thanks
As your husband is applying for ILR under 10 year long residence, you will have to apply for FLR(M) which will be a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) route to settlement as your immigration clock will be reset to zero.

In addition to the visa fee you will also have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge. A2 level English is also required. This must be a from a test on the Home Office approved list of test providers unless you hold a degree taught in English (NARIC ELA red route), or are on the list of exempt nationalities.

(The NHS Surcharge fee is set to double some time later this year with the date still to be confirmed).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.