ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Barbieukdoll
Newly Registered
Mood:
Uganda

Naturalisation after ILR

Post by Barbieukdoll » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 am

Good morning everyone, please I have a question . If a person gets ILR on the basis of long term residence (10 years) , can the apply for naturalisation straight away if he is married to a British citizen or does the person have to wait for 12 months because his ILR wasn't granted on the basis of marriage .

Please I need someone who had a similar experience or someone that knows more about this to shed more light on this .
Your input is highly appreciated .
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation after ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:40 am

Barbieukdoll wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 am
Good morning everyone, please I have a question . If a person gets ILR on the basis of long term residence (10 years) , can the apply for naturalisation straight away if he is married to a British citizen or does the person have to wait for 12 months because his ILR wasn't granted on the basis of marriage .

Please I need someone who had a similar experience or someone that knows more about this to shed more light on this .
Thanks
Yes assuming you meet all the standard requirements, including permitted absence. It's irrelevant how you obtained ILR
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation after ILR

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:44 am

Barbieukdoll wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks
Similar case
www.immigrationboards.com/british-citiz ... 48562.html