ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should I report this guy to Home office???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mathew777
Newly Registered

should I report this guy to Home office???

Post by mathew777 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 am

Hi,

I am hesitating this for a while… I knew a Kosovo asylum seeker who has granted ILR in last June and his claiming of British Passport is in processing now. However, just I can say all of these are deceptions. This guy is an original Albanian who illegal entry UK from Italy. He portended himself to be a Kosovo war victim and told Home office that his family members, father and brothers were killed in the war (the true is that his father has been visited him in London for two times). Finally, he got granted to stay in UK.

Should I report his case to Home office and do you think they will take it seriously?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:49 am

Sorry, and yes I know this is a blunt question, but how do you know that the person is not a Kosovo war victim? Or put it another way, what proof is there? And how do you know that the visitor is his father?
John

martha

Post by martha » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 am

mathew777,
I understand your frustrations regarding this guy. But he is only one of many thousands. And you only know one personally?
By all means you can report him to the authorities, but what's in it for you?
As he has already been granted ILR I'm not sure you can do much about his status. And perhaps he is contributing to society here, by working and paying taxes. You havent told his complete story.
Has he harmed your status here in the UK? If you decide to report him, then I would think you need to give the HO more information for them to investigate.
The UK immigration system is far from perfect, and unfortunately many undeserving people somehow manage to make false claims and are successful.
Do you want to elaborate on this situation so we understand better? Personally I also dont like others abusing the system. I have no problem with anyone coming here to make a new life, but they should all be honest with their claims.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:04 am

what will you gain from reporting this ? Sainthood from Vatican ? On the other hand the other guy and his family will have bright futute to look forward compared to the one he will have after deportation.

This is a country which spent billions on war telling us that in 45 minutes Iraq is going use WMD against us.

that poor guy getting a UK passport is not going to hurt anyone nor he is taking your oppurtunity.

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:35 pm

I think you should leave the guy alone, IF the guy lied about his situation maybe he had to do it to be safe or save himself. Sometimes you tell the truth and they do not believe you hmmm say the perfect lie things turn out to be successfull so please give the guy a chance to a better life

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:27 pm

This is not much different from young Italian nationals who used to pretend to be unaccompanied asylum seeking children from Albania just to escape conscription.

Of course the backlash was having to attend school all over again...
Oh, the drama...!

TORRES
Newly Registered

Re: should I report this guy to Home office???

Post by TORRES » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:12 pm

mathew777 wrote:Hi,

I am hesitating this for a while… I knew a Kosovo asylum seeker who has granted ILR in last June and his claiming of British Passport is in processing now. However, just I can say all of these are deceptions. This guy is an original Albanian who illegal entry UK from Italy. He portended himself to be a Kosovo war victim and told Home office that his family members, father and brothers were killed in the war (the true is that his father has been visited him in London for two times). Finally, he got granted to stay in UK.

Should I report his case to Home office and do you think they will take it seriously?
Sometimes people make the common mistake of thinking that they know quite a lot about other people. I suspect thats what our dear old "matthew 777" has done. Making judgements and assuming that other people can not aquire documents as honestly as he did. Unless you come from the same village in Kosovo as him and you have actually met his parents, I cant see anything to support your claims other than pure speculation.

The HO took 14 weeks to "give " me my ILR even though I had nothing to hide as I had been on a work permit for 5 years - the moral of the story is "........ If the HO saw it fit to give him ILR its not yours or my business to stick our noses in their dealings. There might be thousands if not millions of people who are not happy with you but they have learnt to live with you and accepted you as you are"
Give the poor guy a break, there is usually a good reason why a grown up man would lie as you claim, but you and I have no right to judge him. I dont suppose one more "smart Arse" would bring Britain to its knees.

Have a good day.

salimnina
BANNED

Re: should I report this guy to Home office???

Post by salimnina » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:40 pm

mathew777 wrote:Hi,

leave him alone

aa123

Post by aa123 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Stop trying to be a snitch.
Last edited by aa123 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

mathew777
Newly Registered

Post by mathew777 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Thank you for all replies. It seems that HO wouldn’t take much serious to investigate this case and most of people here disapproved my prosecution about this poor guy. True, as everyone has mentioned I don’t have any proof that he is not a Kosovo war victim, but personal I am 100 percent sure he came from Albania. The story is: he came to UK in 2001 and was refused asylum few months after. His solicitor suggested him that the only way to stay in UK was claim ‘suffering in mental illness ’. This finally helped him gain a 5 years British passport in 2003. During these times, he traveled back to Albanian many times, his parents came to visit, and also he backed home to get married… Yes we could leave this poor guy alone. It is easy to close eyes or just walk away, but still something here, as he gains a regular housing benefit and disable care… a ‘mental illness’ person can shift two jobs every day (day time be as a builder, a night club door staff in evening)… of course paying tax, but most time cash in hand… his wife overstayed more than half year, doesn’t matter… there is nothing can do…

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:07 am

mathew777 wrote:Thank you for all replies. It seems that HO wouldn’t take much serious to investigate this case and most of people here disapproved my prosecution about this poor guy. True, as everyone has mentioned I don’t have any proof that he is not a Kosovo war victim, but personal I am 100 percent sure he came from Albania. The story is: he came to UK in 2001 and was refused asylum few months after. His solicitor suggested him that the only way to stay in UK was claim ‘suffering in mental illness ’. This finally helped him gain a 5 years British passport in 2003. During these times, he traveled back to Albanian many times, his parents came to visit, and also he backed home to get married… Yes we could leave this poor guy alone. It is easy to close eyes or just walk away, but still something here, as he gains a regular housing benefit and disable care… a ‘mental illness’ person can shift two jobs every day (day time be as a builder, a night club door staff in evening)… of course paying tax, but most time cash in hand… his wife overstayed more than half year, doesn’t matter… there is nothing can do…
irrespective of what others say. u have to do what u believe in. go by ur assessment and not what others assessment is. u have to live life as per ur convictions and not others convictions. so up to u to decide what is best in the situation.

if u wish to proceed in the matter. there is a fraud email address etc on the BIA website. or u can use the crime stoppers website or phone numbers for passing on anonymous information. all u can do is to pass information u have (if u wish to pass it on). the final judgement of the facts at hand will have to be decided by HO. theere will be subject access records for this person. so HO can go thru that data and see why he has visited albania so many times and not kosovo. so up to them to make the decision based on the evidence they will have in their system about landing cards, airline data, and anyother info they have

martha

Post by martha » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:06 am

mathew777,
You have given us more info about this guy. It does appear that he is a fraud, and claiming disablement money. Although he is actually able to work and get disability, strange as it may seem, but I'm sure there are still some restrictions on that. If he is a doorman at a nightclub, then he would need a SIA doormans licence. If you think he doesnt have that either, then you can report him to the SIA.Also report to DLA at Warbreck House,Liverpool.(you an find the tel no on their website)that you suspect him of a false claim regarding disability.
So yes, if you feel you want to go ahead and report him ,then do so. Now I see the picture more clearly, I also would have no hesitation in reporting him. UK citizens are encouraged to report such matters, so why not you?
Let us know how you get on and what you decide.
All the best

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:33 pm

It's not easy to know whether it's right or wrong to report someone (suspected of) doing something wrong. It is totally up to you to decide if, based on the facts/evidence you have seen, you should tell the relevant authorities of his actions. No one here can tell you to "leave it alone" or "report him now". It's up to you. But you would have to live with knowing what you have done (i.e. if you feel guilt or some other such feeling).

I think too often, though, people complain of other people doing wrong, but then never seem to want to take the action of reporting such people when given the chance. Especially related to bogus benefits applicants.

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Grassing ain't cool.
Do NOT DO IT. It has nothing to with you, and if people ever found out, you'd lose a lot of trust from your friends.

"Now I see the picture more clearly, I also would have no hesitation in reporting him. UK citizens are encouraged to report such matters, so why not you?
Let us know how you get on and what you decide.
All the best"

Christ, it's not as if the guy is a suspected terrorist! What good does it do grassing somebody up whose only 'crime' was to seek a better life?
Don't be so pious.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Hernancortes

Using a fake ID to claim asylum is a criminal offense (but not using a fake ID to flee)

Lying to get asylum is an offense

He could be a criminal in his real ID - you must have seen in the papers about war criminals who have claimed asylum with a fake ID.

He could be claiming benefits & working full time - a crime. You lose housing benefit if you work full time. This is my taxes being conned away.

Why should improving your lot justify a crime? Do you think I should take up armed robbery to improve my lot?

Ignoring crime is cool?

Not all of the OP info adds up by the way, but why should people ignore crime?

mathew777
Newly Registered

Post by mathew777 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:33 am

To be honest, I am not a person who strong enough to process this matter. That’s why I am hesitating and why I came to this forum.
I have kept my silence for the past 5yrs since I knew his case. As many people said ‘life is easy in UK’, he had already got a better life here. I also thought that’s none of my business in sometime and the great truth would come out by HO’s judgment (however, the judgment was going a different way). Of course, there is nothing I will gain from reporting this and I might feel guilty cut his chance for a better life in uk. Just one thing here, u would never feel bad if know nothing.
There are something really interesting:
-Why HO had never questioned these obviously issues, such the only one his back country is Albania as he claimed from Kosovo; he stopped to see doctor after gain the 5yrs passport; DLA/SIA or other employers had never knew his medicine record…
-Can’t ignore the work of his solicitor… he is not much intelligent or familiar with the strict immigration rules (he spent over one year to pass the doctor exam that’s intelligent!). It was his solicitor won the case.
-and how many people could struggle as me???

although he is a person in thousand million, his actions/success is encouraging thousand million people come in follow.

have a nice weekend!

bani

Post by bani » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 pm

I wouldn't report anyone unless I had solid proof. Most of the time, I just hear stories about able-bodied people claiming benefits. But I think the government needs something more concrete than stories. They would spend a lot of time and tax payers' money investigating anyone, and if there just isn't any proof, it's not worth it.

Maybe it's just best to talk to this guy and ask him to live honestly. If I were suspected of cheating the system, I'd appreciate it if I were approached first before being reported.

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:21 pm

dont create bad karma for yourself

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Sod what the bleeding heart brigrade say, it sound's like the guy is real thug, with possible criminal intent.
Don't lose any sleep about it, give the HO all the information you have on him and consider what you have done as your civil duty to society.

mathew777
Newly Registered

Post by mathew777 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:41 am

martha,

it seems no problem to be a door supervisor with 'mental illness'!
the 'mental health' would be a problem only when the licence holder subject to detention because of mental disorder.

Additional Checks

As well as checking your identity, training, and criminal record, we may also look at three other types of information.

Mental Health: We will take into account any recent mental health problems where you have had to be detained in the five years prior to your application. We will not seek out information about any mental health problems which have not resulted in detention. [/i]

here is the link:
http://www.the-sia.org.uk/home/licensin ... checks.htm

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Using a fake ID to claim asylum is a criminal offense (but not using a fake ID to flee)

"Lying to get asylum is an offense

He could be a criminal in his real ID - you must have seen in the papers about war criminals who have claimed asylum with a fake ID.

He could be claiming benefits & working full time - a crime. You lose housing benefit if you work full time. This is my taxes being conned away.

Why should improving your lot justify a crime? Do you think I should take up armed robbery to improve my lot?

Ignoring crime is cool?"

Don't be so PIOUS. If there's one thing i have learnt about living in this country it is: snitching is hated.
Your indignation is based on so many suppositions- war criminal, benefit cheat etc- that i think you shouldn't bother reporting the person.
Also, what business it it of yours to grass people up when they aren't affecting you?
How many people don't declare VAT, customs duties, and many other forms of taxation and income in this country? Do you grass your mates when they smoke weed?
Do you report your mates when they do 60 in a 30 MPH zone?

Ignoring crime isn't cool nor is grassing people up. If people knew, they would never be able to trust you

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Hernancortes,

Why dont you stand up and be counted?
People like you are cowards and when a crime is purpertraited against you or your family, you are always the first to bleet about crime.

Remember crime is solve on information gather from civilians, not from thing air!

Mathew777 should be encouraged to stand up for what is right and you whimp, accuse him of been a grass.

Hernancortes wrote:

Ignoring crime isn't cool nor is grassing people up. If people knew, they would never be able to trust you

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:06 pm

"Why dont you stand up and be counted?
People like you are cowards and when a crime is purpertraited against you or your family, you are always the first to bleet about crime. "

For the record, the guy in question hasn't killed anyone, raped anybody or abused any children. Nor is he a wife beater, therefore it is none of my business nor Matthew's to grass him up.
One of the sad things about the internet is that people can be very self righteous and like to portray themselves as paragons of virtue.
The reality is often very different. If only you were as self righteous with your spelling. :)

"Remember crime is solve on information gather from civilians, not from thing air!

Mathew777 should be encouraged to stand up for what is right and you whimp, accuse him of been a grass. "

As i said, in this country, grassing is seen as a big no no.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Hernancortes wrote:

For the record, the guy in question hasn't killed anyone, raped anybody or abused any children. Nor is he a wife beater, therefore it is none of my business nor Matthew's to grass him up.

How do you know this interesting fact?

All said and told Hernamcortes, I don't agree with you and your opinions.

The discussion should be posted else where as it really does'nt help anyone, so it defeat's the point of this site.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:37 pm

True, as everyone has mentioned I don’t have any proof that he is not a Kosovo war victim, but personal I am 100 percent sure he came from Albania.
Don't have any proof? 100 percent sure? Hello, we're talking about complex immigration issues here...

Frankly it scares the hell out of me to see how supposedly rational minded people can be caught up in condemning someone on the basis of hearsay.

We are judging a complete stranger who cannot speak for himself. Or has this (hopefully) become simply a hypothetical debate..?
Oh, the drama...!