ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going back home

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kirill
Newly Registered

Going back home

Post by kirill » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:37 am

:)
Last edited by kirill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martha

Post by martha » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13 am

Hi,
You say there are 2 of you here. Who is the other person?

If you have decided to leave the UK, then personally I think it would be better to tell the HO you want to leave. Why do you want to leave unoticed? This wouldnt help at all.
If you leave voluntarily, then under new rules as of April1st, you could still apply to come here again in the future, providing you leave before October this year. The ban might be for a year.
Better to be completely honest I think with the UK HO and also Finland HO. You can still apply for a student visa from the Finland HO. I dont know if they take into consideration your illegal status in the UK.
Perhaps someone else here can advise you on this.
Also, better to check the new ruling as of 1st April in case I have given any wrong info. But I think I am right. I will come back with a link for you to check.

kirill
Newly Registered

Post by kirill » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

liane1
Newly Registered

Post by liane1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:26 pm

kirill,
pass unnoticed in practice is difficult and became impossible :cry:
specially you won t have a valid passport just a document from your embassy :cry:
the best option is to be Honest , and say you wish to leave volantarly you had enough after an interview finger pint......they will let you go

about luggage thats a very good question ??? i am not sure what they do exactly is the person deported alowed to take his staff with him or not ????

steinbolt
Newly Registered

Post by steinbolt » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Kirill

I was an overstayer of 7 years and left the UK on march 28th from Heathrow.

There was no border control and my travel documents remained intact.

Please PM me if you require more info. (btw i'm from Ukraine originally)

kirill
Newly Registered

Post by kirill » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:27 pm

smacky123
Newly Registered

Post by smacky123 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:29 pm

get a travel doc from your embassyto enable you to leave they don't usually care when you leave the country.

taromiew
Newly Registered

Post by taromiew » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Hello kirill

My other half returned to his home country today :( - he's a refused asylum seeker. We decided it was best for him to leave voluntarily and was advised by our solicitor to show them his air ticket and travel document. They kept hold of his travel document which he had to collect from the airport on the day of his departure 2 hours before his flight; that was a bit of a pain as he had to wait a long time.

He took his mobile phone and other stuff with him and he wasn't searched; nothing got confiscated. After your passport/travel document is returned, I think they treat you like any other passenger.

Good Luck!

kirill
Newly Registered

Post by kirill » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:33 pm

taromiew wrote:Hello kirill

My other half returned to his home country today :( - he's a refused asylum seeker. We decided it was best for him to leave voluntarily and was advised by our solicitor to show them his air ticket and travel document. They kept hold of his travel document which he had to collect from the airport on the day of his departure 2 hours before his flight; that was a bit of a pain as he had to wait a long time.

He took his mobile phone and other stuff with him and he wasn't searched; nothing got confiscated. After your passport/travel document is returned, I think they treat you like any other passenger.

Good Luck!
thanks for your input!

one thing that im planning on doing different is that you can get your travel documet (A4 sheet of paper) from my embassy in london, so im just worried if they call an immigration officer (the airline check in staff) if you have such letter.

hope it works out for you, taromiew