ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renting Property from Housing association and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Al33

Renting Property from Housing association and ILR

Post by Al33 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi all

I am currently renting a property from a housing association and the contract is called "Intermediate Rent" and it is 20% off than market rent.

I am wondering, if this come under public funds or not? as my ILR is due in a week time on Tier 2 General route, I appreciate a response from gurus

Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Renting Property from Housing association and ILR

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Al33 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:22 pm
Hi all

I am currently renting a property from a housing association and the contract is called "Intermediate Rent" and it is 20% off than market rent.

I am wondering, if this come under public funds or not? as my ILR is due in a week time on Tier 2 General route, I appreciate a response from gurus

Thanks
As far my understanding is, no it is not a public fund, if anything from the reading I have done it is for for people that are wanting to save up for a house and some of the requirements of them seem to be in order to be eligible for it are:

1. Full time work
2. Not getting assistance for housing, such as housing benefit.

If you want further clarification I suggest you read this public funds for immigration purposes guidance.

Scroll down to open the document.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Al33

Post by Al33 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:43 pm
Al33 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:22 pm
Hi all

Thanks
As far my understanding is, no it is not a public fund, if anything from the reading I have done it is for for people that are wanting to save up for a house and some of the requirements of them seem to be in order to be eligible for it are:

1. Full time work
2. Not getting assistance for housing, such as housing benefit.

If you want further clarification I suggest you read this public funds for immigration purposes guidance.

Scroll down to open the document.
Thanks for the response, I also believe that it is not a public fund because i was living in the same house at the time of Tier2 extension.

Hope everything will be fine.

If anyone else has such experience please share...!!

elbasan
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by elbasan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:23 am

Hi there, I was living in same accommodation as you have at the time of applying for ILR, I think it does not efect your application because you are paying the rent, I know it is with a bit of reduced rate, on app form is not considered as benefit.My ILR application was successful and I am still living in the same house. So don't worry about it.

Al33

Post by Al33 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 am

elbasan wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:23 am
Hi there, I was living in same accommodation as you have at the time of applying for ILR, I think it does not efect your application because you are paying the rent, I know it is with a bit of reduced rate, on app form is not considered as benefit.My ILR application was successful and I am still living in the same house. So don't worry about it.
Thanks elbasan, much appreciated.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:26 pm

If you are not getting your house rented through local council, it would not be treated as access to public funds. As you deal with it directly to housing association, this would not be treated as access to public fund. I also searched this before I bought my shared ownership flat, as this is also subsidised. I have got my ILR with no problem.

Al33

Post by Al33 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks all, ILR got approved hence no issue renting such properties.

ricky83
Bangladesh

neither rent nor mortgage paying and apply for ILR

Post by ricky83 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:33 pm

i am living in a home for which my brother pays mortgage ( i am not paying any rent or mortgage for this house )

me , my wife and 2 kids also living in that house

when i will fill SET O form i will tick option

own or rented by a relative or friend

how will this effect my ILR application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: neither rent nor mortgage paying and apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:40 pm

ricky83 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:33 pm
i am living in a home for which my brother pays mortgage ( i am not paying any rent or mortgage for this house )

me , my wife and 2 kids also living in that house

when i will fill SET O form i will tick option

own or rented by a relative or friend

how will this effect my ILR application ?
You already have your own topic, please continue there. It is considered rude and unfair to the OP to tag your question onto their thread.

See point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.