ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you reply EU 1 after 5 years with Stamp 4 EU FAM?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seancool

Can you reply EU 1 after 5 years with Stamp 4 EU FAM?

Post by seancool » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:56 am

Dear guys,

A quick question, I am separating with my partner, so won't be able to provide necessary documents for EU 3, so can I re apply EU 1 as it is much simpler when my stamp 4 gets expired?

Thank you!!!

Best regards,

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Can you reply EU 1 after 5 years with Stamp 4 EU FAM?

Post by Mal111 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:25 am

yes you can

but how your applying for eu1 if your separated ? because you have to disclose that fact to them and they not gona like this.

seancool

Re: Can you re apply EU 1 after 5 years with Stamp 4 EU FAM?

Post by seancool » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:30 am

Mal111 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:25 am
yes you can

but how your applying for eu1 if your separated ? because you have to disclose that fact to them and they not gona like this.
Thank you for your reply!

Ok, that's true... Do you know what is the chance of me applying for citizenship? I will be having like 4 years of proofs of living together, I guess has no chance for EU 3, and EU 5 as well because to get divorce in Ireland takes at least 3 year..

Thank you in advance if you can give me some options what to do.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:03 pm

well in the citizenship application for u have to tick on separated option so INIS will know eventually about your separation.

apply for EU3 as your misses is still here and if she's exercising her eu treaty rights then I don't see why cant you apply for eu3

however go through a solicitor its better if the lawyer is representing you as they will go hard on you for the fact your not living in the same house hold although it can be argue that your still together as divorce decree is not issued yet.

btw citizenship application for applicants on eu fam stamp take much longer then 6 months so don't rely on citizenship make sure your visa remain up to date even after applying for citizenship.

thanks

seancool

Post by seancool » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:03 pm
well in the citizenship application for u have to tick on separated option so INIS will know eventually about your separation.

apply for EU3 as your misses is still here and if she's exercising her eu treaty rights then I don't see why cant you apply for eu3

however go through a solicitor its better if the lawyer is representing you as they will go hard on you for the fact your not living in the same house hold although it can be argue that your still together as divorce decree is not issued yet.

btw citizenship application for applicants on eu fam stamp take much longer then 6 months so don't rely on citizenship make sure your visa remain up to date even after applying for citizenship.

thanks
I really appreciate your reply, man.

So you know for EU 3, you will have to provide proofs that me and my partner have been living together for 5 years, that's why I though I might not have solid ground to apply for this as I will 1 year missing, we are separating peacefully, so wouldn't be ok to obtain documents at the time.

Probably, the best way as you recommended is to go a solicitor so they can attach a good explanation with EU 3 application.