ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for girlfiend / fiancee

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Romantic123
Ireland

Re: Visa for girlfiend / fiancee

Post by Romantic123 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks for info. I hadn't considered marrying in Singapore but it makes sense... less flying too.
If I moved to N.I. would I then apply to UK immigration for her to join me. I have many questions about this but there may be a link here which would answer them.
I am wondering how long I would have to live in N.I. ?
Once she is granted a visa to stay with me in N.I. would it be easy then for her to get a visa to live in Ireland?

I don't want to bother you all by asking too many questions but there might be a link to where details can be found.

At the moment, based on what I have read above, I am thinking ;
- go to Singapore and marry my filipino partner.
- Return to Ireland alone
- Move to N.I.
-Apply for visa for her to join me
-Stay N.I. for as short a time as possible.
-apply for visa for her to return to Ireland with me
-live happily ever after

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 pm

You have to be careful, it might be considered a marriage of conveniance just so you can bring your girl over.
I think you have the general idea sussed now. An alternative would be for you to hang around in Singapore and your then wife to apply to accompany you to NI, the visa should be issued quite fast.

How long you stay in NI, hmm how long is a piece of string. There was a case in March, try to google C-456/12 if you want to read about it, it sets the time as just over three months but I havn't seen anyone on here saying they have used that case yet, it would probably take an appeal but at least that would be "in country".

I just had this memory that the Republic is easier regarding non EU joining Irish citizen...

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... nformation

Ah it looks like you need an income of over 40k euro for that route
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Thanks 357mag,
A lot of legal stuff to read there.
I will need to read it all later tonight.
I am hoping that what was suggested earlier would work. That is live in the UK for a short period and then apply for a visa and move over here. It did occur to me that we could possibly move here from the Uk and once here, then apply for a visa to remain. I would need to research that option.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:41 am

Ideally in your case you should stay in the UK until she gets granted Residence Card under EU treaty Rights in the UK, based on you, the irish citizen, exercising your EU Treaty rights there. Once she is granted, you can both move back to Ireland, and she could apply for EUTR in ireand based on you, the irish citizen, previously exercising your EUTR rights in the UK. She would get 5 years in ireland and could apply for citizenship after living 3 years in ireland.

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks,
I would appreciate it if you could tell me how long I would need to stay in the UK.
It would be very difficult and disruptive for me to move there, but if it is the only way then I will look into it.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Gone are the days it could be done in 2 weeks, looks like the accepted minimum now is gonna be more than 90 days.
Be very careful about breaking the immigration law. I saw your other post about hopping over the border from NI to Eire but thats really a no no. If there is any evidence you tried to cheat the system then both Ireland and UK might use it as reason to refuse a visa.
Dont think its going to be a fast fix fella, I've been planning my scheme for over 2 years now and it by no means a given that we will be sorted in the next 6 months. There are some folks been trying for 10 years plus to be reunited with their families.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Hope you get yourself sorted 357mag and thanks to other contributors.
It's all a great help.

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:48 pm

New development in our quest to be together.
My GF is applying to work in Denmark. I am thinking this will somehow make life easier. It will certainly be easier for us to meet often.
If she is granted a visa to work in Denmark any ideas on how best to proceed.

Irish Guy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irish Guy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi Irishman30, I am currently dating a women from Ecuador now 4 months via LDR. I was impressed with your knowledge on this matter. Both me and my girlfriend are sure we want to be together and she wants to move here (Ireland). Is it possible I could call you to discuss this further to get our best options? We have not met personally but I am going to visit her in June this year for 3 weeks. I would be very grateful if we could chat over the phone to give you the full details on our relationship and get your best advice.

Regards,

Tom

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 am

Irish Guy wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 pm
Hi Irishman30, I am currently dating a women from Ecuador now 4 months via LDR. I was impressed with your knowledge on this matter. Both me and my girlfriend are sure we want to be together and she wants to move here (Ireland). Is it possible I could call you to discuss this further to get our best options? We have not met personally but I am going to visit her in June this year for 3 weeks. I would be very grateful if we could chat over the phone to give you the full details on our relationship and get your best advice.

Regards,

Tom
Kindly refrain from digging up and tagging onto topics that are 4 to 5 years old. Suggest start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.

Members are also NOT permitted to post any contact information on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.