ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Maintenance Requirements Doubt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Truxtier1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Maintenance Requirements Doubt

Post by Truxtier1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:19 am

Hi
I am based in India. I am a Tier 1 UK Visa Applicant( complete newbie). I have gone through the rules and the Points calculator and have decent clarity on my chances.
One issue that I face is on the Maintenance Requirements. It says that 2800 pounds must be the minimum balance in your account for 3 months. Now thats a sum of over Rs 2 lakh if I convert directly. Is this how I am supposed to calculate? Some guidance from experienced folks will be highly appreciated.
Also any Tier 1 UK Visa Applicants Group in Blore? Would like to get in touch with someone......
Thanks and Regards....

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:55 am

2800 * 80 = INR 224000/- approx..to be safe side, Keep INR 240,000/- and hope the ROE same the same for next 3 months.

satheeshkumar

maintenance fund amount

Post by satheeshkumar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi deepak

i was told that we need to have 2800 GBP at the time of application in our account and only 800 GBP has to be there for 3 months prior to application...

Can you plz check on this?

I have got my approval by 7th april and would be applying for EC.

Also is it mandatory to enter UK within 3 months of EC approval date? I mean do we have to face any problems in that case?

Regards.

deepakad wrote:2800 * 80 = INR 224000/- approx..to be safe side, Keep INR 240,000/- and hope the ROE same the same for next 3 months.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Re: maintenance fund amount

Post by Satnov » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:17 pm

HI Satheesh

Can you tell me what you did for your different names - It will be very helpful.

Thanks

Sathish

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Satish.
Its GBP 2800/ throughout for applicants who have never lived or worked in the U.K.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:20 pm

HI Raji

I was asking about the different names and not maintenance.

Thanks

Sathish

FLO

Post by FLO » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 am

Sathees,
Pls, note that 2,800GBP is the required minimum maintenance fund for principal applicants and should be resident in ur account for minimum of 3 months. The 800GBP is only for those applying within UK and who has been living there for the past 12 months. Even if in UK, u still need to maintain this for 3 months. The waiver given to UK applicants to apply without looking at how long the money has been in account actually lapsed by end of June. So, irrespective of where u are applying, u need to maintain ur req. maintainance fund for min of 3 months. To be on the safer side, use consular exchange rate(which is a bit higher than what u see in oanda.com) for ur conversion. This is to give a margin to exchange rate flunctuation.