ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Biometric card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mannarmathai
Newly Registered

Urgent - Biometric card

Post by mannarmathai » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Dear Gurus ,

My ILR application was successful on 23/03/2018 in croydon office . [ One day appointment ],

My elder brother expired on saturday and i am in urgent need to travel to my home country ; i waited today and will be waiting till wednesday for the biometric card but i cannot extend after that . I am a permenent employee

I tried ukba's brp site ; But it doesnt allow me to proceed as it is not 10 days yet . Also i tried ringing to the ukba , But they say that they cannot help .

I have the decision letter with me . On wednesday evening ; i am travelling no matter what .

How can i get back to the UK . Kindly let me know your valauble inputs

Thanks ,
Mat

mannarmathai
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent - Biometric card

Post by mannarmathai » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 am

Hi gurus ;

Please suggest . I dont have a courier today as well

Thanks
Mat

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 am

You can go back home as their wont be any check onnyour deprture from UK
When you reach your home country, you can try to explain the situation to them probably they will create it problematic for you but they will let you in

After that, once it gets posted to your house in UK you can ask any of your friend to post it to you in your home country or you can apply as lost brp card from your home country

This would be my first thought but I dont know the legal implications of it

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:52 pm

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace

If your BRP was lost, stolen or damaged outside the UK
You can’t apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK.

You’ll need a ‘replacement BRP visa’ which lets you re-enter the UK once only - you must apply online in most countries. It costs £169.

You must apply for a replacement BRP within 1 month of your return to the UK.

unfortuntely, you didn't pick up your BRP, so the UKBA may know, thus don't know if you can apply for replacement BRP visa in this case. hopefully you got it before you traveled.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:52 pm

You’ll need a ‘replacement BRP visa’ which lets you re-enter the UK once only - you must apply online in most countries. It costs £169.

unfortuntely, you didn't pick up your BRP, so the UKBA may know, thus don't know if you can apply for replacement BRP visa in this case. hopefully you got it before you traveled.
Have you actually read what the OP has written, who has now likely already traveled??? Did the OP state anywhere that he did not "pick up" his BRP card??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 pm
cyclina1 wrote:

Have you actually read what the OP has written, who has now likely already traveled??? Did the OP state anywhere that he did not "pick up" his BRP card??
"I have the decision letter with me . On wednesday evening ; i am travelling no matter what ."

Of course I cannot be sure but it seems this was his/her intention.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:09 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 pm
CR001 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

"I have the decision letter with me . On wednesday evening ; i am travelling no matter what ."

The OP applied for ILR in person and had not had the DX Courier BRP card delivery and had urgent unexpected travel. So not sure why you stated 'unfortunately, you didn't pick up your BRP' :?: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:09 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 pm
CR001 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

The OP applied for ILR in person and had not had the DX Courier BRP card delivery and had urgent unexpected travel. So not sure why you stated 'unfortunately, you didn't pick up your BRP' :?: :idea:
Maybe my wording is not perfect. But this is the fact, no matter what's the reason, he/she may not have BRP with him/her if DX still not delivered last WED and he/she traveled.