ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we combine tier 2 General work permit and Business visa in 5 years route and apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VBK
Newly Registered
India

Can we combine tier 2 General work permit and Business visa in 5 years route and apply for ILR

Post by VBK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm

I’m on Tier 2 General Work Permit from last 3 years now I want to switch my visa to Business visa. Can I apply for ILR after 2 years or do I need to finish another 3 years of Business visa then apply for ILR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can we combine tier 2 General work permit and Business visa in 5 years route and apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:56 pm

What 'business visa'? There is no such visa category.

You will need 5 years on Tier 1 Ent if you change visas. You cannot combine the time Tier 2 and Tier 1. It only works the other way around (Tier 1 and Tier 2).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VBK
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can we combine tier 2 General work permit and Business visa in 5 years route and apply for ILR

Post by VBK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 pm

VBK wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm
I’m on Tier 2 General Work Permit from last 3 years now I want to switch my visa to Entrepreneur visa. Can I apply for ILR after 2 years or do I need to finish another 3 years of Business visa then apply for ILR ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:56 pm

You will need 5 years on Tier 1 Ent if you change visas. You cannot combine the time Tier 2 and Tier 1. It only works the other way around (Tier 1 and Tier 2).
As CR001 has already advised above. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

VBK
Newly Registered
India

Post by VBK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm

From Tier 2 General Once I apply for entrepreneur visa, can I start the business straight away. Or do I have to wait for visa? And what about 200K balance, do I need to keep until visa comes? Bcus I have to borrow some amount to reach 200K

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm

VBK wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm
From Tier 2 General Once I apply for entrepreneur visa, can I start the business straight away. Or do I have to wait for visa? And what about 200K balance, do I need to keep until visa comes? Bcus I have to borrow some amount to reach 200K

Thanks
Tier 2 visa has some restrictions on working on your own business- so you have to follow T2 conditions until the T1 visa is granted.
You have to keep the 200K until it is invested into your business
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

VBK
Newly Registered
India

Post by VBK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Some time they take more than many months and a years. Someone can’t keep their money in account doing nothing. UKIV has to be practical or has to be quick.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm
VBK wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Thanks
Tier 2 visa has some restrictions on working on your own business- so you have to follow T2 conditions until the T1 visa is granted.
You have to keep the 200K until it is invested into your business
According to the OP's other thread, his sponsor's licence has been suspended. :idea:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-rou ... l#p1607956
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

VBK
Newly Registered
India

Post by VBK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Yes my employer ‘s Work Permit license is suspended. Is any thing wrong to find another route to stay here

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 am

There is nothing wrong. However you can only start your business and work when the visa is GRANTED and time spent under Tier 2 will not count towards your ILR under Tier 1E route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice