ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whatislife786

Naturalisation refused

Post by whatislife786 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am

Hello everyone,
Just got my application refused based on good character
Homeoffice stated in the refusal letter you were in the United Kingdom without out valid leave between August 2009 when your leave expired till feb 2010when you married to eea national as you documents provided with your application clearly shows that you were working without permission that's why your application is refused
So you can't get citizenship before feb 2020.

Now my question is if i get my work history from hmrc to check if i was working that period im sure i was not working that period i was staying one of my friend he was helping me out for accommodation and food etc.
I haven't sent any documents to homeoffice which is shows i was working that time I remember i just put roughly dates in an form.

If i can prove i was not working that time can i go for reconsideration and what are the chances please advise thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Naturalisation refused

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am

Unfortunately, working wasn't your only problem.
whatislife786 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am
you were in the United Kingdom without out valid leave between August 2009 when your leave expired till feb 2010when you married to eea national
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Refusal is correct on its face.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Birmingham06
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by Birmingham06 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:38 pm

whatislife786 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am
Hello everyone,
Just got my application refused based on good character
Homeoffice stated in the refusal letter you were in the United Kingdom without out valid leave between August 2009 when your leave expired till feb 2010when you married to eea national as you documents provided with your application clearly shows that you were working without permission that's why your application is refused
So you can't get citizenship before feb 2020.

Now my question is if i get my work history from hmrc to check if i was working that period im sure i was not working that period i was staying one of my friend he was helping me out for accommodation and food etc.
I haven't sent any documents to homeoffice which is shows i was working that time I remember i just put roughly dates in an form.

If i can prove i was not working that time can i go for reconsideration and what are the chances please advise thanks in advance
Hi. Did you receive any questionnaire asking who was supporting you in the time you overstayed, who paid for you rent? What steps did you take to Regularise your immigration status........ I my case I overstayed for more than 2years. I was sent a questionnaire which I sent back with some supporting documents. I got approval within1 one week. I think you should ask for reconsideration and prove that you were not working during the time you were overstaying. Good luck.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:47 pm

In immigration, no 2 cases are equal, and you cannot use your case as a bench mark for others.

In you case, you were a victim of domestic violence from your partner at the time, and therefore your overstaying may have resulted from factors beyond your control.

british-citizenship/general-discussion- ... l#p1607410

For people who were asylum seeker, refugee or victims of domestic violence, overstaying is not held against then, although unlawful employment will be.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors