ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chnage of employer/job for work permit holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahimjohar
Newly Registered

Chnage of employer/job for work permit holder

Post by rahimjohar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi there, I am on a work permit since 2006 which runs out in 2011. In the mean while I want to chnage my employer/job, does the new point system will apply on me if I cange my employer, if so, I can only get 60 points. What is the right way to change my employer/job?

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:55 pm

You can change your employer provided the new employer transfers your work permit.
PBS does not look in to your work permit. It just asses if you can have appropriate points to grant you visa.

rahimjohar
Newly Registered

Post by rahimjohar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply, what I have read on BIA's website that if I change my employer or extend work permit while on a workpermit I have go through the new point system.

As below what appropriate points you need to get a visa?

I am aware of employer need to chnage over my permit to their company, do you think the new point system will not apply on me if I cange my employer?