ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving out of UK for 7 months after passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Moving out of UK for 7 months after passport

Post by fahadii123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:22 am

Hi,
I'm in the process of neutralisation and may have to travel back home for almost half a year. I understand that the form we fill for neutralisation says that "I intend to live in the UK" but what is there any restriction or rule about how long are we allowed to be out of the UK?

Thanks!

lanrezy
Nigeria

Re: Moving out of UK for 7 months after passport

Post by lanrezy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 am

fahadii123 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:22 am
Hi,
I'm in the process of neutralisation and may have to travel back home for almost half a year. I understand that the form we fill for neutralisation says that "I intend to live in the UK" but what is there any restriction or rule about how long are we allowed to be out of the UK?

Thanks!
Once you are naturalised as a British Citizen, there will be no restriction to how long you can stay out of the country

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 am

fahadii123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Have you applied already and waiting for an outcome, or are you going to apply for naturalisation in the near future and hope to travel once you submit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:31 am

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 am
fahadii123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Have you applied already and waiting for an outcome, or are you going to apply for naturalisation in the near future and hope to travel once you submit?
Already submitted if the previous posts are correct.

british-citizenship/early-ncs-due-to-tr ... l#p1566199
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.