ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application - Declare Penalty Charge Notices

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moving to uk

Naturalisation Application - Declare Penalty Charge Notices

Post by moving to uk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:53 am

Hello

I have a few questions regarding naturalisation and PCNs; apologies if this is already discussed in another recent posts, kindly direct me to them.

I am about to apply for British Citizenship (naturalisation) around end of April 2018.

I racked up two PCNs (not FPNs) in Nov 2017 and a third one in April 2016.
They were given either by Traffic Warden or sent as CCTV fines.
In all of them the contraventions were either "improperly stopping in a box junction" or "parking on double yellow lines".
I did not receive any FPNs or get points on my license.

I also got a speeding ticket in May 2008 in New York when I lived there. I paid that promptly.

What I want to know/ask is:
* Do these PCNs come under civil judgements or civil penalties? (Form AN section 3.3)

* Do I need to declare the PCNs and an old speeding ticket?
Form AN clearly mentions declaring Fixed Penalty Notices. I did not see a similar requirement for PCNs.

* Would these PCNs and a previous speeding ticket affect my naturalisation?
In their guidance I have not read anything that asks one to to wait a specific period of time before applying. Can someone who has gone through a similar situation kindly let me know.

Thank you.
m2uk

moving to uk

Re: Naturalisation Application - Declare Penalty Charge Notices

Post by moving to uk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 pm

I have recently received approval, so wanted to update, in case this helps others.

PCN:
I DID NOT declare the three PCNs in my Naturalisation application.

FPN:
I declared the speeding incident that happened 10 years ago as that "looks like" an FPN under UK laws. I declared it under Criminal convictions section (Speeding). I mentioned that I have scant details of what happened 10 years ago so cannot provide any proof.

Referees:
Used the same referees for my child as ourselves. Though did mention in my child's application that neither the school nor the GP are willing to provide references.

Residence Proof:
I am a non-EU person (and so is my family), so we did not provide any P60s/Payslips/Employer letter for residence proof - just passports.

English Language Requirement:
Myself: Degree taught in an english speaking country + NARIC certificate
Spouse: B1 (Trinity). Used the same for ILR

We all got our approvals in 2 months. Quite pleased :)