ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PND, FPN and PCN after Naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bbccdd
Newly Registered

PND, FPN and PCN after Naturalization application

Post by bbccdd » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 pm

I have applied for naturalization in June 2017 .
i had one PND for shoplifting in 2010 and similarly i had three points on my license same year due to using mobile phone while driving which was FPN.
and i had couple of parking tickets during the same period .

i haven't declared anything as i have paid all on time . today i have read AN Guide, which says.

3.1 - 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the
United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as
speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken
into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.

can you please suggest me what should i do now. Do i need to inform home office about it ? that as initially i thought i don't need to add these in my application

Indguru90

Re: PND, FPN and PCN after Naturalization application

Post by Indguru90 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:12 pm

bbccdd wrote:I have applied for naturalization in June 2017 .
i had one PND for shoplifting in 2010 and similarly i had three points on my license same year due to using mobile phone while driving which was FPN.

i haven't declared anything as i have paid all on time . today i have read AN Guide, which says.

3.1 - 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the
United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as
speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken
into account unless:

can you please suggest me what should i do now. Do i need to inform home office about it ? that as initially i thought i don't need to add these in my application
Whilst it seems that you made an honest mistake, the HO may argue that your mistake was not reasonable (and frankly they would have a point). Applicants are specifically directed to the Guide and Booklet AN before completing the application. The text you quote from Guide AN is in fact replicated verbatim on page 13 of form AN itself.

Your PND should be recorded on the police national computer and the info will thus be available to your caseworker. Whilst a PND will not normally be taken into account to determine good character (Nationality Policy Guidance "Good Character", para.3.2), it must be disclosed. Failure to do so will likely result in a refusal of your application and may lead to allegations of deception.

The best guidance would probably be to get legal advice in your situation. In any event, you should inform the HO immediately about your PND, as your obligations are regarded as continuing. This will dispel any suspicions of deception, and may yet result in your application being approved.

bbccdd
Newly Registered

Post by bbccdd » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 pm

:D :D :D :D

0ranges0da
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 0ranges0da » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:24 am

bbccdd wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 pm

into account unless:

What was the outcome of your application?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:01 am

0ranges0da wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:24 am
bbccdd wrote:

into account unless:

Probably may not get a response as OP was last active in January.

dalta41

Post by dalta41 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:49 pm

0ranges0da wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:24 am
bbccdd wrote:

into account unless:

Hi,

Did you manage to apply for British citizenship and what was outcome?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:13 pm

The OP was last on in January 2018 - if you have a concern post it in a separate thread.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.