ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension and ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abbey_london
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General Extension and ILR

Post by abbey_london » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi guys

Currently, I’m on Tier 2 General visa. Can someone help me with the following queries please:

1-What documents are required for Tier 2 General visa extension for myself and my dependent as we both are applying at the same time?

2-My ILR is due April next year based on 10 year long residency route. Will my dependent have to send FLR (M) application along with my ILR application or can they wait until I’ve got a decision on my ILR and then apply within say a couple of months?

3-My employer’s licence is expiring May next year, which would be roughly 15 days after I’ve already sent my ILR application. Will the employer still need to renew their licence for me to get a letter from them to show to HO, that they need me for foreseeable future for my ILR application or it doesn’t matter?

Appreciate any help please.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Extension and ILR

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:06 pm

abbey_london wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:50 pm
Hi guys

Currently, I’m on Tier 2 General visa. Can someone help me with the following queries please:

1-What documents are required for Tier 2 General visa extension for myself and my dependent as we both are applying at the same time?

For you
Cover Letter
2 Passport Size Photograph (w Name on the Back)
Passport (Old & New)
TIER 2 (GENERAL) Application Form
Certificate Of Sponsorship
Letter Of Appointment
Letter from employer confirming you are required further to work at the same job role & pay or higher
If A-rated sponsor or above Maintenance Letter from them covering you and your wife.
If not A rated, Bank statements covering maintenance requirement for last 90 days from the date of application.
Last 5 years residence record.
Please check guidance at regarding english language for yourself on page 37.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 18__2_.pdf (anyway a good read for allaying any confusion.)

For your Wife
Passport (Old & New)
Marriage Certificate (Original)
If not A rated, Bank statements covering maintenance requirement for last 90 days from the date of application.

refer: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2018.pdf

2-My ILR is due April next year based on 10 year long residency route. Will my dependent have to send FLR (M) application along with my ILR application or can they wait until I’ve got a decision on my ILR and then apply within say a couple of months? wait and apply, as FLR (M) is only for a dependent of a settled person.

3-My employer’s licence is expiring May next year, which would be roughly 15 days after I’ve already sent my ILR application. Will the employer still need to renew their license for me to get a letter from them to show to HO, that they need me for foreseeable future for my ILR application or it doesn’t matter? It could be an issue as technically you lose your certificate of sponsorship as your employer lose their license hence you could apply using premium service.

Appreciate any help please.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 am

dontringthebell wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:06 pm
abbey_london wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:50 pm

For you
Cover Letter
Passport (Old & New)
Certificate Of Sponsorship
Letter Of Appointment
Letter from employer confirming you are required further to work at the same job role & pay or higher
If A-rated sponsor or above Maintenance Letter from them covering you and your wife.
Last 5 years residence record.
Please check guidance at regarding english language for yourself on page 37.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 18__2_.pdf (anyway a good read for allaying any confusion.)

For your Wife
Passport (Old & New)
Marriage Certificate (Original)

refer: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2018.pdf

Hi,

If you all apply at the same time and is an extension application, maintenance is not required, you'll only have to submit valid passports, brps and two photographs for each applicant, you will get to know once you complete the online form anyway.

In your case, no letter whatsoever is required from employer or yourself, a correct COS number will be sufficient UKVI will be verifying your and employer details by COS number using their system.

KR,

S

abbey_london
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abbey_london » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:08 pm

thank you guys for your reply.

I believe the maintenance funds are required whether it is a first time application or extension application. Please correct me if I am wrong. (anybody)

BW.