ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - UK born child - Parents got ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arunkmajumdar
India

British Citizenship - UK born child - Parents got ILR

Post by arunkmajumdar » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:17 pm

May be a repeat Question :

We have now granted the ILR (Indian couple), a huge thanks to this forum. Now can anyone please point out to me to the process of registering a UK born Indian passport holder child to a British Citizenship/Passport?

Thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship - UK born child - Parents got ILR

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:41 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

arunkmajumdar
India

Child MN1 application - ONE parent settled after child birth

Post by arunkmajumdar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 pm

I have a question, hope someone can guide me.

Myself and my wife have received ILR (same day decision) on 4 April 2018. We have now received our BRPs as well. I am planning to process British Citizenship (and passport thereafter) for my daughter who was born in UK on October 2015. I just want to confirm the process. My take is

1. Fill MN1
2. Get her Birth certificates / copies (we have received 2 from Council when she was born)
3. Get our ILR / copies
4. Book Appointment with NCS (for a fee of around £50) Croydon
5. They will check, complete and send the application
6. Pay £973 (or may be a slightly higher fees if increased after 6 April) to who?
7. NCS will send the application and return me the original documents as checked
8. Wait for the decision
9. What will I receive if this is positive?
10. Apply for child British passport as normal processing (online or post office)

Also any idea how long does this usually take?

Concerned a little bit as we travel a lot some future travel plans are
May - France
July - Ireland
August - France
October - Qatar / India

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child MN1 application - ONE parent settled after child birth

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 am

5. They will check, complete and send the application
NCS do not complete the form for you. You must complete all the details in the form. NCS will ONLY check it.
6. Pay £973 (or may be a slightly higher fees if increased after 6 April) to who?
You pay Home Office. You need to complete the fee leaflet, link below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -04-18.pdf
9. What will I receive if this is positive?
A letter of approval and a Certificate of Registration.
10. Apply for child British passport as normal processing (online or post office)
You can apply using the 1 week fast track service for children.
Also any idea how long does this usually take?
It depends how you apply. The new online application and NDRS service seems to take around 1 to 2 moths. Unlikely you will have the British passport by May when you plan to travel.

Postal applications can take 3-6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply, now I am filling up the MN1 form for my child born in the UK. Now both of us (parents) had been granted ILR in early April.

I have the following query while filling up the form :

1. Section 1.1 - what is section of eligibility here?
2. In the initial sections, it is asking for family name but not the first name?
3. Section 2.1 - date / place of first arrival - since the child was born here, would this be DOB and place of birth?
4. Section 3.1 - asking for which parent (British) based on whom the application depends? None of us are British, we are on ILR. Do we need to fill this section?
5. The child is 2.5 years old, does she need to do biometrics?
6. 6.21 - signature consent for biometric, is this required? The child is 2.5 years old.
7. Section 8 - who will complete and sign the declaration?

Thanks in advance.

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Another query : I don't seem to find the original birth certificates, I have scanned copies. Any advice for the situation? Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:23 pm

1. Section 1.1 - what is section of eligibility here?
Section 1(3) for UK born children.
2. In the initial sections, it is asking for family name but not the first name?
Family name is surname. Other names is for first and second name. Have you read the MN1 guidance notes at all??
3. Section 2.1 - date / place of first arrival - since the child was born here, would this be DOB and place of birth?
DOB
4. Section 3.1 - asking for which parent (British) based on whom the application depends? None of us are British, we are on ILR. Do we need to fill this section?
Not relevant, leave blank. Again, have you read the guidance notes?
5. The child is 2.5 years old, does she need to do biometrics?
Yes.
6. 6.21 - signature consent for biometric, is this required? The child is 2.5 years old.
Yes, parent can sign.
7. Section 8 - who will complete and sign the declaration?
Parent with ILR.

You also need the original birth cert. Suggest you apply for a duplicate from gro.gov.uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.