ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 settlement - appropriate rate for the job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

williampereira0906
Newly Registered

Tier 2 settlement - appropriate rate for the job

Post by williampereira0906 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:17 pm

Hello all,
I`m living in the UK with my family under a TIER 2 General visa since 2016 and we have couple questions:

- I`ll need to renew my visa next year as it was a 3-year visa - What do I need to do? Do I need to send all my documents back to my country?

- When I`m planning to apply for settlement, what is the appropriate rate for the job? I found the info below on the government website but did not understand it very well. If for example, I`m applying for settlement or leave to remain after 6/april/2022 I`ll need to be paid at least £37,900 + some money for each dependant? Or no extras required for the dependants?

Specific Tier 2 criteria - settlement
271. In addition to the above, you must meet the following criteria:
• You must still be required by your current Sponsor in the role recorded on your Certificate
of Sponsorship for the foreseeable future;
• If you are either a Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) migrant, you must be earning
at least the appropriate rate for the job, as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J or
a gross annual salary of at least the minimum earnings threshold, whichever is the higher.
The minimum earnings thresholds are:
• £35,000, if you apply for settlement before 6 April 2018
• £35,500, if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2018
• £35,800, if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2019
• £36,200, if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2020
• £36,900, if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2021
• £37,900, if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2022.

Thanks

William