ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 (ICT) Dependant to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhushanmaney
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 (ICT) Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by bhushanmaney » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi,

I am in process of getting a sponsorship through a company while i am still on ICT Dependent visa.

1.During this process do i need to quit the current job before the process has started?
2. During the process should i be out of UK and then apply?

praty888
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from Tier 2 (ICT) Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by praty888 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi bhushanmaney,
I do have same questions. I found some information from an old link below-
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... 33708.html

Do you know if the cooling period is applicable or not?

Thanks
Praty

smita4488
Newly Registered

Post by smita4488 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:25 pm

PFB the answers for your questions:

Hi,

I am in process of getting a sponsorship through a company while i am still on ICT Dependent visa.

1.During this process do i need to quit the current job before the process has started?

Entirely up to you as to when u would like to resign. Most individual’s resign once the new visa is in hand! The company will apply for RCOS and then assign it you and once your visa is processed under new category you can then resign, gives you much security.

2. During the process should i be out of UK and then apply?

You can stay here in UK and work for same company while this process is carried out, once you get your new T2G visa you can then resign and join as a new applicant. As you have to change the category you need to visit your home country for the visa application process and only for that duration you have to go out of UK and then cross the border again with new T2G visa.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Smita4488

praty888
Newly Registered
India

Post by praty888 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Smita4488,
From your post my understanding is cooling period is not applicable for the T2ICT dependent. Any idea how long the process takes, roughly?

I am in T2 ICT and my wife is working on the dependent visa. Her employer is ready to sponsor her. So my questions are-
1. Can I switch to T2G Dependent once she receives her new visa? Will cooling period applicable to me during my switch on visa?
2. Will our living duration on T2ICT be considered while applying for ILR?

Thanks
Praty

smita4488
Newly Registered

Post by smita4488 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:29 pm

praty888 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:43 pm
Hi Smita4488,
From your post my understanding is cooling period is not applicable for the T2ICT dependent. Any idea how long the process takes, roughly?

I am in T2 ICT and my wife is working on the dependent visa. Her employer is ready to sponsor her. So my questions are-
1. Can I switch to T2G Dependent once she receives her new visa? Will cooling period applicable to me during my switch on visa?
2. Will our living duration on T2ICT be considered while applying for ILR?

Thanks
Praty
Hi Praty,

You can switch to T2G once your wife receives her new visa, no cooling period for that. But you will have to wait for 1 year to change to T2G main applicant after switching to your wife's dependant visa in case you get a sponsor to do so.

The counter will start only after switching to T2G visa for both of you for ILR, i.e. 5 years after switching to T2G you will be eligible.

Lastly the process will take almost 2 to 3 months depending on how fast the company does it. The RMLT itself takes minimum of 28 days and again depends on your wife's company how long they carry out the same. After RMLT they should apply for RCOS allocation which happens once every month, unless they have one RCOS already. Once a RCOS is assigned the visa application needs to be one in your home country which might take up to 3-4 weeks.

Regards,
Smita4488

praty888
Newly Registered
India

Post by praty888 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks Smita4488. Appreciate your clear explanation.

Few more queries please-
1. Do you have any idea if the 180days period/rolling year availability in UK is applicable for dependents too?

I have a job offer which needs extensive travel outside UK. I am afraid the number of days may exceed 180days outside UK. Do you think this may cause any problem either for my T2G dependent visa or during ILR?

2. Is it possible to have workpermit for more than 1 country at a time? Germany & UK(as a dependent) both simultaneously.

3. You have mentioned - The counter will start only after switching to T2G visa for both of you for ILR, i.e. 5 years after switching to T2G you will be eligible.
Do we both need to be on T2G? If I am not then can't my wife apply for ILR and I'll apply later?

Thanks
Praty