ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad to be a British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bearlzm
Newly Registered

Child born abroad to be a British Citizen

Post by bearlzm » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:34 am

Both my wife and I are ILR (via 10-year long residence), while my son was born in China, and is holding a 3-year length spouse visa.

I will apply for a British Citizen by Naturalisation next month, and wonder:

1) if I am eligible to apply for a British Passport for my child at the same time when I apply for British Citizen;

2) If the answer of the question 1 is 'no', I wonder when and how my child will be able to apply for British Citizen. For example, my child has to apply for ILR first before applying for British Citizen.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kind Regards,
Jamie

secret.simon

Re: Child born abroad to be a British Citizen

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:57 am

As both parents have ILR, the child should apply for ILR. S/he can then apply for registration along with you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bearlzm
Newly Registered

Post by bearlzm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

If I am applying for the British Citizenship, I wonder if I can apply for the Citizenship for him at the same time. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Jamie

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 pm

bearlzm wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:34 pm
Many thanks for your reply.

If I am applying for the British Citizenship, I wonder if I can apply for the Citizenship for him at the same time. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Jamie
Only if the child holds ILR. Otherwise, the child's application will likely fail.