ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation address

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Accommodation address

Post by vchiu » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi immigration expert team,

If I am staying at my friends house, which documents do I need to provide from my friend?

In terms of the location, my husband works in London and will there be a problem if my friend lives outside London?

Do we also need to change all bank details and employment details to my friend’s address?

Many thanks in advance

Vicky

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accommodation address

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:30 pm

To meet the 2 years of cohabitation requirement the partners similar address is mandatory.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:49 pm

vchiu wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Hi immigration expert team,

If I am staying at my friends house, which documents do I need to provide from my friend?

In terms of the location, my husband works in London and will there be a problem if my friend lives outside London?

Do we also need to change all bank details and employment details to my friend’s address?

Many thanks in advance

Vicky
Assuming you and your husband as living together at your friend's house, does your husband commute to work in London?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am

Hi Casa,

Yes, he will need to work in London.

Thx in advance

Vicky

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:15 am

vchiu wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am
Hi Casa,

Yes, he will need to work in London.

Thx in advance

Vicky
My point was, is your husband travelling to London daily or are you living in separate accommodation :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:19 am

Hi Casa,

Thanks for your concern, my husband is living in a sub landlord shared house and therfore, we will have to use our friend’s house for accommodation requirements Sorry to confused you.

Thx

Vicky

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:22 am

How far out of London is your friend's house? Is it feasible for someone to commute daily from there (in theory) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 am

Hi Casa,

In theory it will be 2 hrs by transport.

Thx in advance :D

Vicky

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:21 am

vchiu wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 am
Hi Casa,

In theory it will be 2 hrs by transport.

Thx in advance :D

Vicky
In practical life a lot partners do travel and be away from their other partner because of their work commitment or nature of job either daily or weekly/monthly basis. But I wish HO do acknowledge positively that fact towards immigration matters. In my opinion 2 hours shouldn't be a problem because even inside the London a lot people travel to work by spending 1.5-2 hours.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:02 am

Hi Seagul,

Thank you very much for your help again, it’s been really kind of you!

If that’s the case, does my hubby need to change my bank statements and employment details to my friend’s address?

What is the document will be needed for the accommodation details for application?

Many thanks in advance

Vicky