ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Masquerade
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Form

Post by Masquerade » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:21 am

Hello. Quick query.
The new FLR (M) form is out for April 2018 and I'm going through completion of it.

My partner came to UK with Fiancee visa in 2015. Subsequently she obtained her first 2.5 year period of leave to remain as my spouse. That period is due to run out so we need to make second 2.5 year leave to remain application.

Question 2.3 has become somewhat more confusing since we last completed the form.

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

Option 1 refers to First period of leave to remain (following initial period of entry clearance as partner of a settled person......or following initial period of entry clearance as a fiancée...) and was clearly the correct option for our last application

Option 2 is clearly not relevant as it refers to those making a first application for leave within the UK having previous not had such

Option 3 is the obvious option as it would have been in previous version of forms. "Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as partner of a settled person...)"

But option 4 confuses me and reading around some think it may not have been correctly written - something seems wrong with it as is does not have correct/complete bracketing for starters. "Further period of leave following a previous grant of leave to remain as partner of a settled person....or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancée...)"

I don't understand who option 4 is trying to capture and it seems applicable to us as well as option 3. I do wonder if there's been an accidental copy paste job on the fiancée reference sentence and this might explain the missing opening bracket. Surely they cannot be that incompetent.

Can people confirm option 3 is correct (or otherwise advise) and do we have any clue who option 4 is meant to refer to?

Many thanks in advance.