ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP NEEDED - LIFE IN THE UK TEST

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

submon

URGENT HELP NEEDED - LIFE IN THE UK TEST

Post by submon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Hey Guys,

Urgent query. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

My spousal visa runs out in August 2018 and I am going to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in July 2018 and then British citizenship.

Someone told me yesterday that I needed to have taken the Life in the UK test in January 2018. I was planning to take the test in March or April. Am I too late!!??

Also, do I need to take the English language test?

Please help!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED - LIFE IN THE UK TEST

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Someone told me yesterday that I needed to have taken the Life in the UK test in January 2018. I was planning to take the test in March or April. Am I too late!!??
Stop listening to 'someone'. You can take the test at any time when it is convenient for you but it must be at least 7 days before you apply for ILR.
Also, do I need to take the English language test?
Yes, English B1 from an HO approved test provider, it must be a test on the HO list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

submon

Post by submon » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Really thankful.

I am taking the test this coming Saturday and I am nervous!! Any suggestion anyone on how to pass it the first time? I have read the book, but some of the stuff about the history and who invented what is really making me struggle!!!

I am also a bit concerned about the test centres. I am taking the test in Leeds, but if I fail, then the next available slot for Leeds is in May 25! So I will have to go to Preston, so very worried really if I don't pass it the first time.

Also, does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can take the test again if I fail this Saturday?

Another question... Even though I live up north, is there any chance I could go down to London and take the test, especially as my visa runs out in August 2018?

Also, getting paranoid here... would I get an extension on my visa if August 2018 comes around and I have not passed the test due to lack of available test centre slots nearby?

Please help!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:30 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

submon

Post by submon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 am

Thank you!

submon

STUDYING FOR LIFE IN THE UK TEST - URGENT

Post by submon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 am

Hi Guys,

A lot of people on Facebook are claiming that they have studied only the questions in the Exam section (1-14) on this website for the test, and that was enough.

weblink removed by moderator

Can anyone please advice if that is true or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:19 am

The LIUK test only generates the random questions when you are logged onto the system at the test centre. They are NOT 'set exam test questions'. All questions are different for each person sitting the test on the same day as you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:19 am
The LIUK test only generates the random questions when you are logged onto the system at the test centre. They are NOT 'set exam test questions'. All questions are different for each person sitting the test on the same day as you.
And I think they also change the questions slightly (and/or the order of the answers randomly), so we can't really memorise practise questions without understanding the concepts!

It's fairly straightforward otherwise, if you do lots of practise tests online (through an app)...

submon

Post by submon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:54 am

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies. This is the website and the exams that people on Facebook are talking about, basically all the questions are from those 14 exams/practice tests.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 am

submon wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:54 am
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies. This is the website and the exams that people on Facebook are talking about, basically all the questions are from those 14 exams/practice tests.

Kindly refrain from posting this weblink. The LIUK test is NOT run like this. All questions area automatically generated on the day when you sit in front of the computer. The person sitting next to you will have a completely different set of generated questions for their test etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:59 am

submon wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:52 pm
Thank you very much for your reply. Really thankful.

I am taking the test this coming Saturday and I am nervous!! Any suggestion anyone on how to pass it the first time? I have read the book, but some of the stuff about the history and who invented what is really making me struggle!!!

I am also a bit concerned about the test centres. I am taking the test in Leeds, but if I fail, then the next available slot for Leeds is in May 25! So I will have to go to Preston, so very worried really if I don't pass it the first time.

Also, does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can take the test again if I fail this Saturday?

Another question... Even though I live up north, is there any chance I could go down to London and take the test, especially as my visa runs out in August 2018?

Also, getting paranoid here... would I get an extension on my visa if August 2018 comes around and I have not passed the test due to lack of available test centre slots nearby?

Please help!!
no worries. you have plenty of time to get your life in the UK test done.

btw, less likely you can sit the test in London, as you can only sit the test in 10 centres closest to your home.

submon

Post by submon » Thu May 31, 2018 11:46 pm

Thank you for your help and advice, guys. Passed the test a few weeks ago.