ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M) query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cd20
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M) query

Post by cd20 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi,
I am an Indian National and my husband is a British national. We got married in 2015. I came to the UK in the beginning of 2016 and got the initial visa for two and a half years. Now I have to renew my visa in 5 month’s time. My husband is working full-time and we live in a 3-bedroom house with in-laws. So, I have two questions:

1. We have been living together for the last 2 years in the same property, but In-laws have been paying the council tax and all the bills although my husband pays the landline/broadband bill and both our bank statements (sole accounts not joint) also get mailed to the same address. I am a qualified Dentist studying towards certification in the UK (the cost of which runs into several thousands of Pounds) and my husband’s bank statement shows that he solely supports me in that regard. Will all these be sufficient as a proof of address (or living together), proof of relationship or do we need to submit something else as well?

2. My husband is moving jobs as we speak. He has been offered a position at a multi-national in Cambridge. However, for the next 6 months he was thinking of renting a room with a fellow professional/s and come visit me in Birmingham every weekend. The reason (and this is what we will put in the FLR(M) form) why we will be at different address is because I am giving my dentistry exams at the end of the year and I have all my machines and manikin setup at our house in Birmingham and it will not be feasible to move them to a house share in Cambridge. Obviously in this case, his address will be the one in Cambridge and mine will be the one in Birmingham. Having looked at the visa form FLR(M) there is a box where one can state the reason why we live at different address. My question is will it affect our application in a negative manner?

We appreciate your kind advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M) query

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Why don't you consider royal mail redirection service which deliver the post at New address without changing old address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cd20
United Kingdom

Post by cd20 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm
Why don't you consider royal mail redirection service which deliver the post at New address without changing old address.
Thank you for posting, but I dont get how that would help. Also, my husband's company will be paying a few thousand pounds towards the relocation of my husband so on the record, that will be his new residence.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Your relatives can write a letter confirming your residence there
whilst you can at the same time write a detailed cover letter explaining all your circumstances and changes.

This is what I could suggest from reading your situation, whether this would be accepted I think its up to the Home Office. In terms of proving whether you have lived together the HO have clear guidelines around how many letters or correspondence they require so if it does not fit into those requirement then you would explain why not.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 pm

The application form is itself like a guide but apart of accomodation & financial requirement you will have to demonstrate 2 years of cohabitation through either joint 6 or 12 individual named piececs of documents.
Through royal mail redirection service neither of you need to change your old address while the post can keep coming at New address. If you wish then can consider it to avoid address related hassles. Read about redirection here:

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... ection#top
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cd20
United Kingdom

Post by cd20 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:10 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 pm
The application form is itself like a guide but apart of accomodation & financial requirement you will have to demonstrate 2 years of cohabitation through either joint 6 or 12 individual named piececs of documents.
Through royal mail redirection service neither of you need to change your old address while the post can keep coming at New address. If you wish then can consider it to avoid address related hassles. Read about redirection here:

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... ection#top
Thanks again for the help.

A few questions if I may.
1. Where did you get the "either joint 6 or 12 individual named pieces of documents"? I have read the guidance notes and the entire form and I seem to have missed these.

2. Regarding RM redirection service. I am familiar with it but since my husbands' company payslips, all workplace/employment-related documents will have the Cambridge address on them, how will redirection help in this case? Of course, he needs to give the Cambridge address out to everyone if that's what is on his employment-related documents. Whereas, mine will be the one in Birmingham as that's where we have been living for the past 2 years and I might live over the next 6 months.

cd20
United Kingdom

Post by cd20 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:34 pm

found the answer to the first question (in the form) but still wondering about the second question. :roll:

cd20
United Kingdom

Post by cd20 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Polite Bump (first and last)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 pm

I suggest that instead of trying to cover up the situation by re-directing mail, that you explain that your husband is working in a different location but returning home at weekends and during periods of leave. :idea:

You are wise to consider that HMRC records will show the address he has registered with his new employer.

Submit everything you have showing your name, address and date. This can be any correspondence, not necessarily bills.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cd20
United Kingdom

Post by cd20 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:44 pm

I think it's best if we live together instead of me coming back to her over the weekends. It will cost us more to find a suitable property in Cambridge but we also don't want Home Office to have any doubts as to why it is that I live away mon-fri.