ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From IGS visa to work/family/residence in UK. Help.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AndreaQ
Newly Registered

From IGS visa to work/family/residence in UK. Help.

Post by AndreaQ » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Hello All,

I've been a Uk resident for almost 3 years now, 2 years as a student and currently under IGS (international graduate scheme). My visa expires in Dec.
I live in the Uk with my Irish fiancee. We're getting married in August in Ireland (going just for the wedding then have to return to UK)

As I am not an EEU national, what would be my next step?, If I marry in ireland what sort of visa do i get in the UK? (work, family, resident?). Can I renew the visa in the Uk and has to be done at a specific time before it expires?.......Can I go at all from IGS visa to work/family permit while in the Uk?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm a bit confused.

Thanks for your help!:D

AndreaQ
Newly Registered

From IGS visa to work/family/residence in UK. Help!!!!

Post by AndreaQ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Hello again,

Any ideas guys? nobody can help?... i've been reading tons of websites... it's not clear to me if I can apply to mu new visa while in the UK and also if that "residence card" (as part a EEA family) allows me to work...

I would very much appreciate your advice...

thanks

smacky123
Newly Registered

Post by smacky123 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:00 am

you should apply for residence permit before December assuming your husband is from republic of ireland and not northern ireland. it will be 5 years and you can work while they process the application.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:01 am

smacky123 wrote:you should apply for residence permit before December assuming your husband is from republic of ireland and not northern ireland. it will be 5 years and you can work while they process the application.
Doesn't matter if he's from Northern Ireland, everyone born there is British and Irish automatically.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

AndreaQ
Newly Registered

Post by AndreaQ » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:47 am

MANY THANKS!... he is from the Republic of Ireland. So I shouldn't have any problems then!...

Thanks both for your help!.

Kind regards