ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Documents do you need for 10 Yrs Long Residence?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ksjiao
Newly Registered

What Documents do you need for 10 Yrs Long Residence?

Post by Ksjiao » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:17 pm

I have been studying in this country as a student for 10 years now.

I am about to go to apply for the ILR under 10 years long residence category. (I like to go for this apply in person)

From the HO application forms, it seems to me I do not need to bring anything apart from my passport, police registration document, application form, photos, certificate for passing UK culture test and money.

Is that simple? Do I need bring anything-else such as my student registration letters from my universities?

Does anyone who have Just succesfully applied for ILR know the answer??
Many thanks A Confused Person

homyachok
Newly Registered

Post by homyachok » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:38 am

I am not sure if you can apply for long residence visa for being a student. You have to have other visas like work permit etc.

sashank

Post by sashank » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 am

homyachok wrote:I am not sure if you can apply for long residence visa for being a student. You have to have other visas like work permit etc.
Homychok, do not give wrong advice if you do not know about it. There are plenty people to comment on it.

Ksjiao, its not that simple as it is becoming harder to get but certainly you can apply under long residency rule as you are eligible to apply. I did mine via post and arrived in about 12 working day so recommend posting.

You also need bank statements and other documents proving you have been in the uk for a period of time. Other docs means all docs from your college for many years as possibe, letter from your GP, salary slips etc but make sure you have not exceeded more than 20 hrs a week during term time.

SAS

Ksjiao
Newly Registered

Post by Ksjiao » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 am

[quote="sashank"][quote="homyachok"]I am not sure if you can apply for long residence visa for being a student. You have to have other visas like work permit etc.[/quote]

You also need bank statements and other documents proving you have been in the uk for a period of time. Other docs means all docs from your college for many years as possibe, letter from your GP, salary slips etc but make sure you have not exceeded more than 20 hrs a week during term time.

SAS[/quote]

Thank you very much for the reply and advice!

Got two questions (actually is one)

Why do you need bank statements to prove you are in the UK? I mean you can still be outside UK even you are receiving your statements to a UK address

Do you need to provide all 10 years of bank statements? (I think I lost some of them, thought they were useless when I was moving house, furthermore, in the application form, it does not list anything apart from some usual documents such as passport. So I am so surprise to hear the range of documents it requires, but what I concern the most is the bank statements as I don't have all 10 years to provide)

Any suggestions? Thank you

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:05 pm

I don't believe bank statements for 10 years is necessary. I would say bank statements for 3 months prior to the application date would be more appropriate (just treat it like any other visa applications). In addition, letters from your previous universities confirming your attendance/gradutation should be sufficient.

I fail to understand why increasing number of people on this forum are saying 10 years is getting hard to get. If you have gaps in your leave or have breached the immigration rule then I agree it would be hard to get ILR. However, if your application is straightforward I don't see why there would be any problem.