ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final document check

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Final document check

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could have a look over my documents list i'll be sending on Tuesday to Sheffield. We are applying from Istanbul if anyone knows any current processing times too?

Copy of application
Priority email receipt
Appendix 2
Application payment receipt
2 x applicant passport photos
2 x sponsor passport photos

Applicant:
Letter of introduction
Certified copy of ID card
Clean criminal record (english)
last 2 contracts from employment

Sponsor:
Letter of introduction
Certified copy of passport
certified copy of driving licence
Birth certificate

IELTS A1 life skills pass certificate

Photographic timeline of relationship (dates of trips, photos together, photos with each other family)
Marriage certificate (translated)
Facebook messenger screenshots
Flight confirmation emails throughout relationship (some taken together)
Annotated passport copies (to show the entry/exit stamps from country to country) (sponsor old passports)
Rental agreement in both names from when sponsor lived with applicant in turkey
Certified copy of sponsor residence permit for TUrkey when I lived there for a year
2 x independant witness statements regarding our relationship
Wedding cards received/wedding ring receipt
Flight bookings for sponsor for end of April 2018 to visit applicant

Letter from employer
Employment contract
6 x payslips (oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, march 18) salary £22k
6 x current account statements (showing wages)
6 x savings account statements
Sponsorship form - though im reading that this might not be needed?

Letter from sponsor father confirming applicant can stay in his home
Original mortgage offer on home
2017 mortgage statement
Land registry documents
Property inspection report
Council tax bill
BT bill
Sponsor proof of address - hmrc letter

Can anyone see anything obvious missing?
THanks so much for any help anyone can give - what a stress this has been!!

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Final document check

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:02 pm

icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 am
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could have a look over my documents list i'll be sending on Tuesday to Sheffield. We are applying from Istanbul if anyone knows any current processing times too?

Copy of application
Priority email receipt
Appendix 2
2 x sponsor passport photos no need
IHS payment receipt

Applicant:
Letter of introduction
Clean criminal record (english) no need
last 2 contracts from employment no need

Sponsor:
Letter of introduction
certified copy of driving licence no need
Birth certificate

Photographic timeline of relationship (dates of trips, photos together, photos with each other family)
Annotated passport copies (to show the entry/exit stamps from country to country) (sponsor old passports)
Rental agreement in both names from when sponsor lived with the applicant in turkey
Certified copy of sponsor residence permit for Turkey when I lived there for a year
2 x independent witness statements regarding our relationship
Flight bookings for sponsor for end of April 2018 to visit the applicant

Letter from employer
Employment contract
6 x current account statements (showing wages) stamped on each page, or original bank statement?
6 x savings account statements no need if you show account statements for the wage and apply under Cat A
Sponsorship form - though im reading that this might not be needed? no need

2017 mortgage statement
Land registry documents
Council tax bill
BT bill

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:02 pm
icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 am
Hi all,

Copy of application
Priority email receipt
Appendix 2
2 x sponsor passport photos no need
IHS payment receipt

Applicant:
Letter of introduction
Clean criminal record (english) no need
last 2 contracts from employment no need

Sponsor:
Letter of introduction
certified copy of driving licence no need
Birth certificate

Rental agreement in both names from when sponsor lived with the applicant in turkey
Certified copy of sponsor residence permit for Turkey when I lived there for a year
2 x independent witness statements regarding our relationship
Flight bookings for sponsor for end of April 2018 to visit the applicant

Letter from employer
Employment contract
6 x current account statements (showing wages) stamped on each page, or original bank statement?
6 x savings account statements no need if you show account statements for the wage and apply under Cat A
Sponsorship form - though im reading that this might not be needed? no need

2017 mortgage statement
Land registry documents
Council tax bill
BT bill

Original bank statements (though the first 2 months aren't the originals I managed to get NatWest to send me historical ones which are printed on NatWest stationery and the same format as the originals, also they wont stamp anything anymore apparently....)
Applying under Cat A (been with my employer since beginning Sept 17)

Thanks so much for looking through for me!

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 pm

icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:07 pm
Original bank statements (though the first 2 months aren't the originals I managed to get NatWest to send me historical ones which are printed on NatWest stationery and the same format as the originals, also they won't stamp anything anymore apparently....)
Applying under Cat A (been with my employer since beginning Sept 17)

Thanks so much for looking through for me!
Original bank statements on the bank stationary are fine.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Alot of people make a mistake just counting 6 months bankstatement or 6 payslips

The best way to check is that both your statements and payslips cover 6 months. you can you this
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

basically if your first payslip is paid on 29th October 2017 then your last payslips is 29 April 2018 and you need bank statement reflecting this.

Hope it helps

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:03 pm

humbleguy wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Alot of people make a mistake just counting 6 months bankstatement or 6 payslips

The best way to check is that both your statements and payslips cover 6 months. you can you this

basically if your first payslip is paid on 29th October 2017 then your last payslips is 29 April 2018 and you need bank statement reflecting this.

Hope it helps
But that's 7 months payslips covering a 7 month period? I have been employed for over 6 months and I have 6 full months salary payslips to prove it - I don't know anyone that gets paid in advance surely its common sense that the october payslip is for october employment?

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:06 pm

icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:03 pm
humbleguy wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Hope it helps
But that's 7 months payslips covering a 7 month period? I have been employed for over 6 months and I have 6 full months salary payslips to prove it - I don't know anyone that gets paid in advance surely its common sense that the october payslip is for october employment?
If your payslips don’t cover the period of 6month as per the calendar humbleguy provided, you should submit 7 payslips.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Also it depends how it’s written on your payslip, is there a period or just the end of the month date.

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm
Also it depends how it’s written on your payslip, is there a period or just the end of the month date.
Just a month end - should I submit septembers too even though its only a half month salary ( I could include a note to explain)

I have my employment letter stating salary and start date too

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:31 pm

I don't see anywhere in the list a copy of your TB test certificate. It's one of the vital things you need to hand in.

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:39 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:31 pm
I don't see anywhere in the list a copy of your TB test certificate. It's one of the vital things you need to hand in.
Husband is Turkish - turkey isn't on the TB list

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:08 pm

icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm
Katie_France wrote:
Just a month end - should I submit septembers too even though its only a half month salary ( I could include a note to explain)

what are the first date and the last date of your payslips ?

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:08 pm
icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm
Katie_France wrote:

what are the first date and the last date of your payslips ?
I have been employed since 11th September 2017 therefore more than 6m at time of application (4th April)

Payslips as follows:
29th Sept - sept wages (half month)
31st Oct - full month of october wages
30th Nov - full month of november wages
29th Dec - full month of december wages
31st Jan - full month of jan wages
28th Feb - full month of feb wages
29th March - full month of march wages

Each payslip does say on it 'monthly'

So I have 6 full months wages showing on payslips + the half month of september when i commenced work

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:44 pm

I am not sure really. Maybe someone more professional will comment here and correct me, because I am just a normal applicant.

So, as for me your Oct - March payslips are not enough, because they will not cover 6 months.

Also if you provide September payslip, it won’t be enough easer, because ECO can use it as the lowest payslip base, multiply it by 12, and your annual salary will be lower than 18600.

How much is your September payslip gross?

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:44 pm
I am not sure really. Maybe someone more professional will comment here and correct me, because I am just a normal applicant.

So, as for me your Oct - March payslips are not enough, because they will not cover 6 months.

Also if you provide September payslip, it won’t be enough easer, because ECO can use it as the lowest payslip base, multiply it by 12, and your annual salary will be lower than 18600.

How much is your September payslip gross?
You see, by my thoughts, they want 6m payslips previous to the application date right? which would be 4th October. I have included all my payslips in that 6m period (6 monthly ones) each with a gross salary equating to £22k per year and noted as monthly on the payslip.

and the oct - march payslips cover an employment period of 1st oct - 31st march...

Sept one is about £950 gross so no help whatsoever.

I guess I have to just submit and hope for the best, application is already done.

Thanks for your time!

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure
used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during
the 6 month period. Financial guidance Appendix FM

6 months prior to the date of your application, when are you going to apply?

I would not submit it until 100% sure. the process is long and expensive, so you don't want to get a rejection in 2-3 months.

mysterylady11
United Kingdom

Post by mysterylady11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:59 pm
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure
used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during
the 6 month period. Financial guidance Appendix FM

6 months prior to the date of your application, when are you going to apply?

I would not submit it until 100% sure. the process is long and expensive, so you don't want to get a rejection in 2-3 months.
It says throughout the period of 6 months , therefore he can apply using the October to March payslips.

It doesn’t say submit payslips from the beginning of employment, so why wouldn’t it be okay to use payslips beginning from October ?

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 pm

mysterylady11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 pm

It says throughout the period of 6 months , therefore he can apply using the October to March payslips.

It doesn’t say submit payslips from the beginning of employment, so why wouldn’t it be okay to use payslips beginning from October ?
In my point of view (again I am not a professional) it doesn’t cover 6 months throughout. Because their payslips state only end of the month date and they don’t state monthly either.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Common sense must prevail to beat confusion. Its almost impossible for anyone to apply exactly the same date as written on 6 months old payslip and no one ever refused on that grounds as long as the 6 months not 6 number payslips are attached regardless of when they are dated but the latest payslip must not be older than 28 days. For example A lot companies pay monthly for the work done from 1st - 30th of relevant month more likely the following month. If the income level is healthy and sufficient then slightly extra financial documents can be added.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

icmeler11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by icmeler11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:58 pm

I have double checked the payslips - they do state 'monthly' in the top corner (didn't notice this ever before now!)

I have my 6 months bank statements covering the period from 2nd October to 3rd April showing the 6 salary payments being banked

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Monthly payslips always say monthly at top but usually belongs to the work previously carried out as no one gets paid in advance. Simply follow the payslips dates and make sure that recent paylip is not 28 days older.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:31 pm

icmeler11 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:58 pm
I have double checked the payslips - they do state 'monthly' in the top corner (didn't notice this ever before now!)

I have my 6 months bank statements covering the period from 2nd October to 3rd April showing the 6 salary payments being banked
That’s great! Good luck with submission