ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Schengen Area ILR with EA Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krish2587
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travelling to Schengen Area ILR with EA Spouse

Post by krish2587 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi I'm not sure if this in the correct Forum Area. Please advice if needs to be moved.

I'm living in the UK with my husband and wanting to travel to France -Paris very soon.
I have an Indian passport with a UK Resident Permit :
Type of permit "Settlement"
Remarks "Indefinite Leave To Remain"
No mention of EA Member or anything such

My husband was born in UK holding a British Passport
Our marriage was done in India. The marriage certificate is in English. However it only has the stamp from the Registrar of Marriages locally.

We want to travel together with our daughter also has a British Passport.
(I know I should have applied for naturalization but just haven't done so yet and its very expensive! lol )

We have previously turned up with just certificate during a long connecting flight in Netherlands and I was issued a visa after 30 mins to explore the country. This was around 7 years ago now.

I have called TLSContact and they have a long wait otherwise its through them booked to consulate on Wednesday earliest appointment is 18th April. I'm looking to travel ASAP and want to book but waiting for this visa would mean price increase in fares or the uncertainty of booking and then getting rejected/ or more information required.

I have some questions

1. Can I turn up at St.Pancreas London to Paris / Dover to Calais and the would accept the marriage certificate as freedom to travel with family/spouse without visa? (not sure where immigration is but would expect here in UK and customs in France. Where would they issue a visa if needed?

2. Marriage certificate is not attested marriage certificate from external ministry Is this a requirement?

2. I also am thinking that another way round this is to apply to Swiss embassy as they are much faster appointments. I do intend to go Switzerland but not right now maybe end of May but want to go France end of this month/1st week of may. Is it the same process to get a multi- entry visa or is there more to it/harder to get?. I'm assuming that it is Free so may aswell go for it and not having to apply again each time I want to go?

Strange thing is Swiss gives the family visa but we don't need to be traveling together (only works in Switzerland)

3. When applying for visa I don't need to show proof of funds or itinerary. However I must inter Intended date of arrival in the Schengen area. Can I put multiple dates or just one eg.18/4/18 to 27/4/18 then 20/4/18 to 3/5/18?
When will the visa be valid for ? from the date of issue ? is it normally 6months? or fixed amount? or just the dates give by me?

4. From the Visa Form :
11. National identity number, where applicable- Is this National Insurance Number for UK as or passport number? or leave blank/N/a?

Thank you in advance !!

:)

krish2587
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling to Schengen Area ILR with EA Spouse

Post by krish2587 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi

also to add the French visa require statement of travel with EU/EEA family member (download free form here)

see form here https://static.tlscontact.com/media/gb/ ... _-_fue.pdf

Im guessing the first name is the British Passport holder my husband and second is the spouse me. signed by BP holder my husband