ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification sections of the AN Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guacat
Newly Registered
Portugal

Clarification sections of the AN Form

Post by guacat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:24 am

Good morning,

I am submitting my application for naturalisation and I would like to confirm/check a few things from the AN form. I am an EEA national + ILR + more than 6 years in the UK.

Section 1.2 Current passport/travel document number
Can I write here my National ID card if that is what I am using for my application?

Section 1.5 State your name as it appears on your passport
Where do I write my given name, in others?

Sections 1.16/1.17 Present address
Do I need to include name of the city/town? This question also applies to the Referees address

Section 1.22 Knowledge of language/life in the UK
The test number is the located on the right-hand side of the Pass Notification Letter (Test Instance ID)?

Section 1.23 Details of English Language test
Is the SELT Number the same as the UER Number located at the bottom of the Trinity College Certificate (format TCL/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXX). This number fits in the box of the form if I omit the "/"

Section 1.49 Tax reference number
I just recently rejoined a former employer so can I just use the Tax Reference Number from my old P60s (the Tax Reference Number of a company is always the same, right?)? Reference Number format XXX/AXXXX

Section 2.4 Permanent Residence Card Number
Is this the number on the blue booklet or the number on the sticker?
I need to write the date where the booklet was issued not when the ILR was granted?

Section 3.2 Criminal Convictions
Add motor convictions – I understand that if the conviction is older than 3 years that should not affect my application? In my case, I was convicted for a TS 10
Should I include my driving license counterpart (D740) and/or the conviction notification letter from the court to support the content of this section? That is the only place where I can say the actual date when I was sentenced as this is not shown in the information available on the DVLA website (I will also include a print out of the DVLA page)

Section 5 Referees and Identity
My referee forgot to write his middle name. Do referees need to include the middle name as well?

Section 6.1 BRP
I don’t have a BRP, so I understand I will be required to take biometric when they review my application?

Section 7 Declarations
Should I cross out section not applicable to me such as 7.5 and 7.7 or just leave the box blank?

Supporting documents
Section 1 – National Identity Card
Section 2 – Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK test and Trinity College London Grade 5 Examination in Spoken English
Section 3 – Employments letters covering the last 7 years and all P60 (I still don’t have the one from this year)
Section 4 – National Identity Card, Permanent Residence Card (blue booklet) and letter from the HO where it stays the date when I was granted ILR status
Sections 5 – 9
Not applicable
Section 10
P60s and Employment letters
I understand that it is okay if there is a couple of days gap between jobs as sometimes I have taken 2-3 days before joining the new job?

Thanks for your help.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Clarification sections of the AN Form

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:38 pm

guacat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:24 am
Good morning,

I am submitting my application for naturalisation and I would like to confirm/check a few things from the AN form. I am an EEA national + ILR + more than 6 years in the UK.

Section 1.2 Current passport/travel document number
Can I write here my National ID card if that is what I am using for my application? Yes you can

Section 1.5 State your name as it appears on your passport
Where do I write my given name, in others?
Family name/surname on first line and then other names on "other names section" below

Sections 1.16/1.17 Present address
Do I need to include name of the city/town? This question also applies to the Referees address
Your full address. Full address- House name/number, street name, town/city, postcode.

Section 1.22 Knowledge of language/life in the UK
The test number is the located on the right-hand side of the Pass Notification Letter (Test Instance ID)? Yes

Section 1.23 Details of English Language test
Is the SELT Number the same as the UER Number located at the bottom of the Trinity College Certificate (format TCL/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXX). This number fits in the box of the form if I omit the "/" not sure of this

Section 1.49 Tax reference number
I just recently rejoined a former employer so can I just use the Tax Reference Number from my old P60s (the Tax Reference Number of a company is always the same, right?)? Reference Number format XXX/AXXXX you can also lift this detail from your current payslip

Section 2.4 Permanent Residence Card Number
Is this the number on the blue booklet or the number on the sticker? Number on sticker
I need to write the date where the booklet was issued not when the ILR was granted? Issue date

Section 3.2 Criminal Convictions
Add motor convictions – I understand that if the conviction is older than 3 years that should not affect my application? In my case, I was convicted for a TS 10
Should I include my driving license counterpart (D740) and/or the conviction notification letter from the court to support the content of this section? That is the only place where I can say the actual date when I was sentenced as this is not shown in the information available on the DVLA website (I will also include a print out of the DVLA page)
Include whatever you feel is relevant

Section 5 Referees and Identity
My referee forgot to write his middle name. Do referees need to include the middle name as well?
Should not be a problem. There are other identifying details

Section 6.1 BRP
I don’t have a BRP, so I understand I will be required to take biometric when they review my application?
Biometrics required for everyone. Your ILR is not BRP so its ok.

Section 7 Declarations
Should I cross out section not applicable to me such as 7.5 and 7.7 or just leave the box blank? Leave blank unless applicable

Supporting documents
Section 1 – National Identity Card
Section 2 – Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK test and Trinity College London Grade 5 Examination in Spoken English
Section 3 – Employments letters covering the last 7 years and all P60 (I still don’t have the one from this year). Covering last 5yrs not 7yrs. You can add your latest payslip.
Section 4 – National Identity Card, Permanent Residence Card (blue booklet) and letter from the HO where it stays the date when I was granted ILR status
Sections 5 – 9
Not applicable
Section 10
P60s and Employment letters
I understand that it is okay if there is a couple of days gap between jobs as sometimes I have taken 2-3 days before joining the new job?
It does not matter
Thanks for your help.

guacat
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by guacat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks for your reply.

Just an additional clarification to your response to section 6.1 - Do you mean that it is okay to not have biometrics at the moment (not required for EEA nationals) and I will be requested to go to the Post Office to do it once they process my application?

I will book an appointment with NCS to verify my application and I will ask them about the details of the English test

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:25 am

guacat wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 am
Thanks for your reply.

Just an additional clarification to your response to section 6.1 - Do you mean that it is okay to not have biometrics at the moment (not required for EEA nationals) and I will be requested to go to the Post Office to do it once they process my application?

I will book an appointment with NCS to verify my application and I will ask them about the details of the English test
Yes.
What will you be asking about English test? Don't you have it already?

guacat
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by guacat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:45 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:25 am
guacat wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 am
Thanks for your reply.

Yes.
What will you be asking about English test? Don't you have it already?
Yes, I do but I want to make sure that I write the right number/reference in section 1.23 (TCL/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXX)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 am

Yes, I do but I want to make sure that I write the right number/reference in section 1.23 (TCL/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXX)
Just enter the number without "/".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

guacat
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by guacat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 am
Just enter the number without "/".
Thanks alterhase58