ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nrpf immigrant partner wife on esa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anis84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Nrpf immigrant partner wife on esa

Post by Anis84 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi everyone
I've been granted my brp resident last January flr-m work permitted and ofcource no recourse to public funds now my wife still can only claim esa for herself as we can't claim as couple because it's forbiden under immigration control laws she's still getting esa only for a single person so I tried to get a job knowing that im restricted to some hours and wage threshold but the problem is no one seems to know what type or hours I can do without affecting my wife benefits 🤔😓
Even the local citizens advice didn't give me any help they sound clueless about this like it's the first time they ve heard of
I was told by some friends that working below 16 hours a week won't affect the esa my wife claim but I really need a legal advice based on law scripts so I don't do the wrong move
I appreciate any help
Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Nrpf immigrant partner wife on esa

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Anis84 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm
Hi everyone
I've been granted my brp resident last January flr-m work permitted and ofcource no recourse to public funds now my wife still can only claim esa for herself as we can't claim as couple because it's forbiden under immigration control laws she's still getting esa only for a single person so I tried to get a job knowing that im restricted to some hours and wage threshold but the problem is no one seems to know what type or hours I can do without affecting my wife benefits 🤔😓
Even the local citizens advice didn't give me any help they sound clueless about this like it's the first time they ve heard of
I was told by some friends that working below 16 hours a week won't affect the esa my wife claim but I really need a legal advice based on law scripts so I don't do the wrong move
I appreciate any help
Thanks
Please note this is a charities definition and advice which I think fits your situation.

Read here
Employment and Support Allowance - Permitted Work
You can still do some work and remain entitled to incapacity-based benefits such as Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) - this is known as permitted work (ESA).

If you claim ESA your partner can work up to 24 hours doing any type of paid work but their earnings could affect the amount you are entitled to.
The thing is, although you have not been included in her ESA due to immigration control, your earnings will affect her ESA allowance.

Again this a charity that helps people with welfare benefit entitlements, I can't state whether it is accurate or not, but, it must be due to the nature of their work to correctly I form people of their entitlements.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.