ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage registration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage registration

Post by powershower » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:06 am

Hi,

I am living with my partner and Would like to register our marriage , She was married in Pakistan it has been around 16 years there is no contact with her husband and that marriage . she has no contact with her husband and she cant get any paperwork for the divorce .
We would like to register our marriage in UK . Is there any suggestions how to register our marriage .

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage registration

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 am

Under British law you are unable to marry in the UK until you are able to provide documented proof of divorce from a previous marriage.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Marriage registration

Post by metanoia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:46 am

She can apply for "khula" in court which will be issued in absentia since there has been no contact. After submitting court order in union council she can get divorce certificate which should be accepted.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18