ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving Awareness Courses and Speeding Fines and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

redtree81
Newly Registered
Poland

Driving Awareness Courses and Speeding Fines and Naturalisation

Post by redtree81 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 am

Hi all,

I have a questions about declaring speeding fines and drivers awareness courses.
Me and my partner are about to send our applications in Jan 2018.

My partner has had some bad luck with getting a few speeding tickets back in 2009 - 3 fixed penalties - they are all gone now from his licence as it is 2017.

He did not get anything for 8 years until February this year (2017). 3 points speeding on a motorway - just regular speeding fine paid within 7 days.

Unfortunately, he got caught speeding again in April 2017, but was sent a letter offering a driving awareness course in exchange for points/ fines - he was told by the course facilitator that nothing would go on his licence.

My questions are:

1. Do we have to declare his old FPN from 2009 - I called UKVI and was told yes - but to be honest I find their knowledge rather limited- so still not sure.

2. Do we need to declare his driving awareness course or not?
3. I have been reading that you should not have more than 2 FPN within the last 12 months - would driving awareness course count as the second one?
4. Do we need to want until Feb 2018 to apply, so the Feb fine does not fall into 12 months period.

Has anyone had any similar dilemmas or knows what is the right thing to do?

I am so gutted that speeding fines could cause someone a refusal - so many people of a great character speed...

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Hassan7861
United Kingdom

Re: Driving Awareness Courses and Speeding Fines and Naturalisation

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:30 am

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Driving Awareness Courses and Speeding Fines and Naturalisation

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:57 am

redtree81 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 am
Hi all,

I have a questions about declaring speeding fines and drivers awareness courses.
Me and my partner are about to send our applications in Jan 2018.

My partner has had some bad luck with getting a few speeding tickets back in 2009 - 3 fixed penalties - they are all gone now from his licence as it is 2017.

He did not get anything for 8 years until February this year (2017). 3 points speeding on a motorway - just regular speeding fine paid within 7 days.

Unfortunately, he got caught speeding again in April 2017, but was sent a letter offering a driving awareness course in exchange for points/ fines - he was told by the course facilitator that nothing would go on his licence.

My questions are:

1. Do we have to declare his old FPN from 2009 - I called UKVI and was told yes - but to be honest I find their knowledge rather limited- so still not sure.

2. Do we need to declare his driving awareness course or not?
3. I have been reading that you should not have more than 2 FPN within the last 12 months - would driving awareness course count as the second one?
4. Do we need to want until Feb 2018 to apply, so the Feb fine does not fall into 12 months period.

Has anyone had any similar dilemmas or knows what is the right thing to do?

I am so gutted that speeding fines could cause someone a refusal - so many people of a great character speed...

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance
This is from AN application form:

Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s
criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless
either:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices.

You should be fine.