ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse VISA Online application (Part 3 Family Details)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sara88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse VISA Online application (Part 3 Family Details)

Post by sara88 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Hello,

Can anybody who has previously completed the online UK settlement/spouse visa application form help me, I need to find out if Part 3 Family details Questions num 44-52 which state SPOUSE/PARTNER under the heading Family Details is supposed to be filled in with the applicants details or the sponsors? I have already sent it off with my Husband (applicant) details and the details of his parents. I'm concerned that my visa may be rejected for this if I have made a mistake.

This section of the application form is very vague and I have read different things from different websites!

PHIL1601UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse VISA Online application (Part 3 Family Details)

Post by PHIL1601UK » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Sara,

I wish I could help you, I, as many people have, am struggling with this section. My wife is applying for a Settlement-Settlement-Wife visa, it seems no-one wants to give an answer on here, I've seen one or two curt replies to people asking the same question. I'm currently asking on another forum, if I find a "definite" answer I will let you know.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:09 am

PHIL1601UK wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 pm
Hi Sara,

I wish I could help you, I, as many people have, am struggling with this section. My wife is applying for a Settlement-Settlement-Wife visa, it seems no-one wants to give an answer on here, I've seen one or two curt replies to people asking the same question. I'm currently asking on another forum, if I find a "definite" answer I will let you know.
In the end of each form usually there is always some guidance is published to help in filling the form. But according to common sense since the settled sponsor don't need visa in contrary of non-settled foreign partner who need that and have to fill forms for that. So by bearing in mind as who is applicant and who is sponsor the form should be filled and if any section which not pacifically ask about the sponsor then it should be addressed to applicant has to fill it up with his/her details. Remember a lot forms the members can't read/access so that's why they couldn't reply.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

PHIL1601UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PHIL1601UK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 am

In the end of each form usually there is always some guidance is published to help in filling the form. But according to common sense since the settled sponsor don't need visa in contrary of non-settled foreign partner who need that and have to fill forms for that. So by bearing in mind as who is applicant and who is sponsor the form should be filled and if any section which not pacifically ask about the sponsor then it should be addressed to applicant has to fill it up with his/her details. Remember a lot forms the members can't read/access so that's why they couldn't reply.
If it is common sense why are so many people struggling with the ambiguity of this section??? If you ever completed this process yourself, You may have forgotten, but there is little synchronicity between the UK Govt. website and the Visa4UK online application. The terminology does not align.

It is misleading social media weblink removed by moderator

This process is expensive and emotionally stressful, you should remember that Seagul when you are replying, we only need to get it wrong once and it's bye bye visa, bye bye £1500, and a further wait until our loved one can be with us.

Sara, I have a theory which I will check out today, by rights the form VAF4F (Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only)) should be the same as the online application. I've had a look at it and it has more comprehensive guidance notes for each section - which the online application does not have. I will download it today and check it out.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -10-17.pdf

To any of the forum experts, feel free to pass this advice one to others.

PHIL1601UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PHIL1601UK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 pm

social media weblink removed by moderator
....it was only a link to a picture of the 'UK Spouse VISA Online application (Part 3 Family Details)' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 am

PHIL1601UK wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 pm
....it was only a link to a picture of the 'UK Spouse VISA Online application (Part 3 Family Details)' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suggest read the forum rules. The link clearly stated 'facebook'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PHIL1601UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PHIL1601UK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 am
PHIL1601UK wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 pm
....it was only a link to a picture of the 'UK Spouse VISA Online application (Part 3 Family Details)' :lol:
Suggest read the forum rules. The link clearly stated 'facebook'.
Oh dear, OK. :lol: :lol:

I can see where the confusion arises regarding the "Spouse/Partner" section. Above the 'Family Surname' box the text says "If you only have one name, please enter it here and in the Given Name box)". The use of 'you' suggests the applicant, and the help text to the right of this also states "you".

However, above the Given Name(s) / Forename(s) box the text says "If they only have one name, please enter it here and in the Family Name box)". Unfortunately the help text to the right of this box again states "you". But here's a clue.

People applying from North Korea cannot use the online application and must download and complete a 32 page document (which includes several pages of useful guidance notes). In this form, Section 4 "Your Family" clearly states "spouse / partner" for each relevant question (although the layout is different). There are also complete guidance notes on page 27. Here's a link to the document.

Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only) (I trust that a hyperlink to the UK Government website is acceptable :lol: :lol: ).

The information required for a UK Visa application for people from North Korea shouldn't be much different to that required for people from around the rest of the world, it may be that access to certain websites is restricted in N Korea, who knows?

I'm not an expert, and I don't advise on this topic, I'm just someone who like many others is trying to fathom this process so that my wife and I can be together. I can see why this question has arisen as often as it has, and I see sometimes that one or two answers given by certain people on this subject lack empathy, on one occasion was a touch curt, and they should understand that it is an emotionally stressful process. All I'll say is that having taken the time to look into it, I will enter my details in the "Spouse/Partner" section for my wife's UK Visa application.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 pm

I disagree that question about section 3 has not been answered here. Since I've recently filled in form myself I have answered about it few times in recent past.

Its an online form so senior members and moderators don't have access to it so sometimes they do tell people to fill it using common sense.

Application form is for the applicant to fill in their details and with respect to their relationships.

Spouse / Partner

Fill in the sponsor details as they're the spouse / partner

Father & Mother

Applicant parents

Dependent / Non Dependent Children

Applicant children

Having gone through this process myself, I know how stressful it is but staying calm is the best thing you can do for yourself. Ask again anything where you've doubts and I'm sure you'll find help and guidance.

Good luck.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

PHIL1601UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PHIL1601UK » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:37 am

metanoia wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 pm
Fill in the sponsor details as they're the spouse / partner
That's funny, I searched high and low on this forum over a number of days, and I never came across this answer. I have seen some of your replies, and to be honest my friend, they weren't very helpful. Maybe it was your use of English.

In the mean time a guy in the UK comprehensively detailed his and his wife's application after successfully getting her a visa to come to this country. Although several years old the information is continually being updated. It's very good.

Moderator edit: It is against the Board Ts&Cs (which you were required to read on registering) to post links to other forums