ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS ADVICE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

NCS ADVICE

Post by redsaintt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi Members
I just want to ask a quick question I booked a appointment next month for naturalization at ncs. They say just fill the form AN and bring it after getting naturalization you have to go to post office and apply for passport from there, one of my friend told me no fill the passport form and take it with you, Now I am confuse what shall I do. Is there any law changes

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: NCS ADVICE

Post by silverchloride » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:08 pm

If you are doing a JCAP application via NCS then you should get a passport application form, fill it out and take it along to your appointment. Your NCS appointment confirmation should tell you exactly what you have to bring, etc. Maybe phone them and double check.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:08 pm
If you are doing a JCAP application via NCS then you should get a passport application form, fill it out and take it along to your appointment. Your NCS appointment confirmation should tell you exactly what you have to bring, etc. Maybe phone them and double check.
Thanks
One question what is JCAP application. 2nd there is one question that are you married, single, divorced or separated, I am separated shall I submit my marriage certificate with it or what prove I submit with it to prove I am separated.
Once again thanks.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:38 pm

redsaintt wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Thanks
One question what is JCAP application. 2nd there is one question that are you married, single, divorced or separated, I am separated shall I submit my marriage certificate with it or what prove I submit with it to prove I am separated.
Once again thanks.
JCAP is for when you are making a passport application at the same time with NCS or NDRS (online application). You do not need to prove that you are separated. You provide marriage cert if you are applying under 3/5 year rule as spouse of a british citizen

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:38 pm
redsaintt wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
Thanks
Once again thanks.
JCAP is for when you are making a passport application at the same time with NCS or NDRS (online application). You do not need to prove that you are separated. You provide marriage cert if you are applying under 3/5 year rule as spouse of a british citizen
Thanks brother I am Married to EU, married in 2009 got PR 2016. Another question where I stuck that I got 3 speeding point I accepted did not imposed by court shall i declare.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:59 pm

Yes. Declare

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:51 pm

redsaintt wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
Thanks
Once again thanks.
Not every local council provide JCAP service. But for naturalisation, you can go to any council for the service. Just make sure are in physically in the UK 5 years ago from the date you submit your application. Many people simply refused because of this.

Don't rely on NCS officer, and check everything carefully. as you can see some cases in this forum NCS officer made very silly mistake and failed the applicant. And NCS officer is not the HO, the caseworker in HO won't care if the NCS made mistake and failed you or not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:22 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:51 pm
redsaintt wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
Thanks
Once again thanks.
Not every local council provide JCAP service. But for naturalisation, you can go to any council for the service. Just make sure are in physically in the UK 5 years ago from the date you submit your application. Many people simply refused because of this.

Don't rely on NCS officer, and check everything carefully. as you can see some cases in this forum NCS officer made very silly mistake and failed the applicant. And NCS officer is not the HO, the caseworker in HO won't care if the NCS made mistake and failed you or not.
Thanks brother
Let me explain you my story I was on student visa married with polish lady 15 Dec 2009 my visa expires 23 Dec 2009, I submit my application in march and got straight away 5 year recidence card in sep 2010 apply for PR 2015 refused later on win the court case and got my PR Nov 2016. Sep 2017 my wife accused me for beating charged found not guilty Dec 2017. Court says do not contect her for next 2 years. Now I am applying for naturalization.
Forgot to mention I got 3 speeding point which I accepted and paid the fine never been to court. Appointment booked for next month at council for naturalization
My request to all senior member what do you think. Have you seen any flow in my case. If yes just then please advice me.
Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:48 am

during your appeal of your ILR refuse you may not allowed to work in the UK because you didn't have valid leave to remain. I just assume you were working when you applied ILR. Not clear enough from the information you provided.

Thus you may fail because of violated immigration law: working without permission. but of course I am not sure as I don't know the detail. That's can be different from different people. You may need proper consultation from lawyer.

Not convicted prosecution and speed ticket should not affect your good characters.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:48 am
during your appeal of your ILR refuse you may not allowed to work in the UK because you didn't have valid leave to remain. I just assume you were working when you applied ILR. Not clear enough from the information you provided.

Thus you may fail because of violated immigration law: working without permission. but of course I am not sure as I don't know the detail. That's can be different from different people. You may need proper consultation from lawyer.

Not convicted prosecution and speed ticket should not affect your good characters.
Thanks sir
On that time I lodge the appeal and they renew my working permission 3c they renew three times. So I never been working illegally.
What about my gap of 2 month that should be alright shall I mention these gap in the application.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:56 am

when was your 2 months gap? you didn't mention that...

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:04 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:56 am
when was your 2 months gap? you didn't mention that...
I mention in my post I got married 15 Dec 2009 my visa expires 23 Dec 2009 after two months I apply for residence card I think in March but they issue me working permission and later on 5 year visa.
I ask at least 5 Solicitor or 4 says it dosent matter and 1 advice not to do I ask Homeoffice helpline they said dosent matter cause you become a family member of EU before your visa expires I am confused cause I don't know how the case worker look into it

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:45 am

you didn't have 3c leave after your student visa expired in 23-12-2009, because you didn't apply new visa before expired. And overstayed for more than 28 days without any leave, before you applied spouse visa in March 2010.

You seem broken immigration law in this case.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:45 am
you didn't have 3c leave after your student visa expired in 23-12-2009, because you didn't apply new visa before expired. And overstayed for more than 28 days without any leave, before you applied spouse visa in March 2010.

Its look like this but if this is the matter they will not send me acknowledgement letter and working permission.
I know few people who were overstay they just send acknowledgement letter no work right.
Sir i am not arguing with you I am just clarify some doubts so please don't get offended

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:44 am

cyclina1 wrote:

Not so. OP did not require 3c leave. He got married to an EEA National before his student visa expired. There are no gaps and OP did not break immigration law. Residence Card is not a compulsory requirement for direct EEA family members.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:15 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:44 am
cyclina1 wrote:

Not so. OP did not require 3c leave. He got married to an EEA National before his student visa expired. There are no gaps and OP did not break immigration law. Residence Card is not a compulsory requirement for direct EEA family members.
i dont understand, so that means if you married to an EEA national when your visa valid, you can lawfully stay in the UK even your visa expired, without 3C leave? Can you please state by what law? Thanks.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:15 am
Hstepper07 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

i dont understand, so that means if you married to an EEA national when your visa valid, you can lawfully stay in the UK even your visa expired, without 3C leave? Can you please state by what law? Thanks.
Yes EEA National exercising treaty right and their family members can reside in the UK legally without visa. Section 3c comes under Immigration law. EEA Nationals and their family members come under EEA Regulations. You seem to be confusing the 2

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am
cyclina1 wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

Yes EEA National exercising treaty right and their family members can reside in the UK legally without visa. Section 3c comes under Immigration law. EEA Nationals and their family members come under EEA Regulations. You seem to be confusing the 2
I see, even their family members are not EEA national? they can also reside in the UK legally without visa?

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:31 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am
cyclina1 wrote:
Hstepper07 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

Thanks brother for clarification. Last one shall I mention this gap in the application form?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 am

He is correct, you have no gap as once you married, you are subjected under EEA treaty right and legally stay in the UK. I am not very familiar with EEA treaty thus I was wrong before. Actually the non-EU national partner of the BC is even more restrictive than non-EU national partner of the EU citizen in the UK........

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:36 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 am
He is correct, you have no gap as once you married, you are subjected under EEA treaty right and legally stay in the UK. I am not very familiar with EEA treaty thus I was wrong before. Actually the non-EU national partner of the BC is even more restrictive than non-EU national partner of the EU citizen in the UK........
Thanks brother I have to submit my marriage certificate with it or not cause I left my wife living at separate place

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:43 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

Brother could you please send me any link where its says cause I am too much scared I saved 1300 after a long struggle.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 am

redsaintt wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:43 am
Hstepper07 wrote:
cyclina1 wrote:

Brother could you please send me any link where its says cause I am too much scared I saved 1300 after a long struggle.
Its usually stated on the residence application form that you do not need to apply for a residence card to live in the uk.

You only need to apply for PR if you intend to naturalize and you can do this by submitting 5 yr documentation proving that your family member exercised treaty rights throughout the period as a job seeker, worker, student or a self sufficient person without a residence card. This will change post brexit.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 am