ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is the IT job market in UK now?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harvis82

How is the IT job market in UK now?

Post by harvis82 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:35 am

Hi All,
wanted to know how is the present UK market for IT people.
Came to know from lots of blogs that market was down last 6 months or so? Is it still continuing or is it better compare to last 6 months.
I recently got my HSMP visa and planning to come there by March end...So wanted to hear from you people how the market is??

Between my domain is Testing/QA with 4 years of exp into Manul/Automation (QTP) with good MNC's. ISEB cerfied.

Waiting for your replies.....

daisy_ktm
BANNED

Post by daisy_ktm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 pm

FRIENDS,

NO JOB HERE..LETS BE CLEAR...GO BACK TO HOME COUNTRY REQUEST PREVIOUS HR MANAGER TO GIVE BACK INDIAN JOB.I THINK THATS THE ONLY WAY...

THINK TWICE OR THEICW BEFORE QUITING YOUR JOBS...1000S OF HSMP
HOLDERS STARTED WORKING IN SUPER MARKETS & COFEEE SHOPS..
I KNOW AT LEAST 10 OF MY FRIENDS IN COFEE SHOPS, CLEANING TABLES. THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THAT JOB WITH EASTERN EUROPIANS WHO GOT A DEFINITE EDGE OVER INDIANS..

SO EVEN THAT IS NOT EASY

NO IT JOB HERE AT ALL..

netacct

Post by netacct » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:25 pm

I am into .NET and I have had quite few offers/interviews recently.
I think, market has started picking up since April.

But not sure if UK IT experience makes HUGE difference or not as I have seen lots of people complaining about market.

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:33 pm

generally job markets are not that great in london. please be prepared that you have enough money until you get a job. It might take 2-3 months. W.r.t testing, its more domain oriented, make sure you have Investment banking projects or else it would take time.

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Fri May 02, 2008 8:58 pm

there seems to be a lack of contractual jobs and so a lot of conractors have started seeking permanent jobs which has increased competition otherwise the job market is decent.
In and around london there is more competition for a job many candidates for each opening as you go up north the competition is less