ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Settlement visa documents in two deliveries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sreekan2

Family Settlement visa documents in two deliveries

Post by sreekan2 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi,
We applied for the family settlement visa for my wife and daughter last month, My wife posted some documents (application form, English, TB) from India to UKVI, and I sent out my supporting documents to UKVI from the UK, we both quoted application reference number on top of the package.

end of last month I received an email saying missing Appendix and return postage etc... and asking us to send those documents, I replied UKVI quoting the reference they gave us in that email explaining about two packages and tracking numbers. It's been nearly two weeks no response to that email nor I received my documents back. What can I do now? is our application progressing!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family Settlement visa documents in two deliveries

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 pm

It was highly unwise work to send them the documents in two parcels, one by applicant and other one from sponsor. Although they must have those missing documents but they won't bother. Best bet to send them same if possible otherwise your application might be refused.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 pm

I dont know why you did this, you were clearly advised to only submit passport in india and send everything else from within UK to sheffield.

You were also advised to only post once to UKVI!

immigration-for-family-members/family-s ... l#p1609020
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you All, but by the time I got your reply my wife posted their documents to Sheffield, I ended up posting mine from the UK, The both packages got delivered same day, both packages got same application reference numbers on top, I included a covering letter explaining about two packages in my package. is they any direct number I can call and find out about the application and both packages!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 am

There are no direct numbers you will need to email UKVI and ask to escalate message to decision maker and explain your issue. Let's hope they use both packages and not just 1.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am

Both email and phone calls are paid services but in your circumstances you should chase them until you've written confirmation that they've both packages and these are linked with your application.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:44 pm

I contacted UKVI from the above link, they confirmed that application is awaiting decision, and they didn't confirm that both packages put together, as they don't hold that level of information.
What should I do now!