ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status of those awaiting PR appeal at Brexit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayjay2017
Nigeria

Status of those awaiting PR appeal at Brexit

Post by Jayjay2017 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 am

Hi all, I have a question regarding those who are currently waiting for oral appeal hearing for their permanent residency applications. There is a possibility that some appeal dates will fall just before/on/after the Brexit date.

Particularly in light of the new “settled status” scheme soon to be implemented by the Home Office. Will those that have applications or appeals in progress as at around the date of Brexit be automatically onboarded to the new “settled status” if they succeed with their application/appeal?

Thank you in advance.

Jayjay2017
Nigeria

Re: Status of those awaiting PR appeal at Brexit

Post by Jayjay2017 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Any thoughts on this please?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Status of those awaiting PR appeal at Brexit

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 am

The only thought I can offer is that because there will be an "implementation" or "transition" phase of up to two years after the exit date things will carry on as normal. Apart from the published draft agreement between UK and EU no further details have been published by the UK government, let alone been enacted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.