ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married while waiting for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krisbol17
Wales

Getting married while waiting for ILR

Post by krisbol17 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:30 am

I am planning to marry my British partner in Aug this year at the Registrar's office. My ILR application based on 2x 3 years, FLR (DL), hasn't been decided yet (Applied on 12 Dec and Biometrics given on 16 Jan). I understand the registrar will need to notify UKVI but my questions are:

Q1. Will this jeopourdise my case because UKVI might think that I'm "compelling" them to start looking at my ILR application? To be honest I'm hoping it does make them start looking at my case.

Q2. Can the "checks" by the registrar pass and still my ILR case not given to a casework/decided yet?

My partner and I wouldn't mind any interview with UKVI, in fact, I'd welcome it if they want to interview me and my partner. We have known each other since Sept 2016, live together since July 2017 and saving to buy a house together. I'm guessing certain proofs will be required to show that it's a genuine relationship?

Cheers.

krisbol17
Wales

Re: Getting married while waiting for ILR

Post by krisbol17 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Anyone?