ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application on hold because I have no surname on Indian passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaurM
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Passport application on hold because I have no surname on Indian passport

Post by kaurM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi
I have recently applied for a British passport, but I received the letter from HMPO saying that because I have no surname on Indian passport they cannot issue British Passport without surname. so they can issue xxx as my first name and then "ABC DEF" as surname.
but my problem here is on all other documents (tax, employment, bank) I use ABC as first name and DEF as surname. but HMPO asked to provide supporting documents if i want my name as ABC first and DEF surname which i have but they have also asked me to change my name on Indian passport. because now i am British citizen I cannot get my name changed on Indian passport. in this case HMPO advisor advised that I need to get the written proof from HCI London that they cannot change my name. if I send that letter along with other supporting documents then they can have an another look at my British passport application.

here my question is: has anyone else faced the same problem? did you get your passport after sending the written proof from HCI london

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport application on hold because I have no surname on Indian passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nasir639!
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application on hold because I have no surname on Indian passport

Post by Nasir639! » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi,

One of my friend was in similar situation and he had to change his indian passport. It was long winded process and obviously a lot of hassle.

kaurM
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaurM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Nasir639! wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi,

One of my friend was in similar situation and he had to change his indian passport. It was long winded process and obviously a lot of hassle.
but how he managed to change his Indian passport as after getting British citizenship i am no longer an Indian citizen and they cannot change my name on Indian passport?