ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Form AN questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

am i eligible for citizenship ?

Post by tkshafati » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Hello guys

I am preparing to apply for naturalisation in the end of next month , but first i wanted to check if i am actually qualified for that so , my case is as follow .
i came to the UK in April 2012 on eea family permit as a spouse of an EU national , i got RC in Oct same year lasted until Oct 2017 , after 5 years in the UK in April 2017 i applied for Permanent Residence and got it dated sept 2017 , and i got a letter with it says i deemed to have acquired PR status on 28 april 2017 .
now i am thinking i am qualified to apply for citizenship in 28 april 2018 ,a year after i hold PR , i am right or wrong ?
if i am qualified to apply , my spouse not living with me now but we still married and everything fine , they moved to another EU country for a year trail so we are not sure yet if we gonna continue living here or i am going to move to that eu country as well , thats why i wanted to apply for citizenship so i can go and live in the other eu country if i have to do so , is that my spouse living in another address another country (which i will have to mention in the application )will effect my application somehow ?(they got PR as well ) .
hope somebody shed some light please .
Thank you in advance .

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: am i eligible for citizenship ?

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 pm

tkshafati wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:17 pm
Hello guys

I am preparing to apply for naturalisation in the end of next month , but first i wanted to check if i am actually qualified for that so , my case is as follow .
i came to the UK in April 2012 on eea family permit as a spouse of an EU national , i got RC in Oct same year lasted until Oct 2017 , after 5 years in the UK in April 2017 i applied for Permanent Residence and got it dated sept 2017 , and i got a letter with it says i deemed to have acquired PR status on 28 april 2017 .
now i am thinking i am qualified to apply for citizenship in 28 april 2018 ,a year after i hold PR , i am right or wrong ? Correct and you should have been present in the UK 5 years before this date plus meet other residence, English language and Life in the UK test requirements

if i am qualified to apply , my spouse not living with me now but we still married and everything fine , they moved to another EU country for a year trail so we are not sure yet if we gonna continue living here or i am going to move to that eu country as well , thats why i wanted to apply for citizenship so i can go and live in the other eu country if i have to do so
if you state this in your application, your application will be denied
, is that my spouse living in another address another country (which i will have to mention in the application )will effect my application somehow ?(they got PR as well ) your application has nothing to do with where your spouse resides.
hope somebody shed some light please .
Thank you in advance .

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:12 am

Hi Hestepper , thank you very much for your replay ,
Yeah I am present in the U.K for 6 continues years (will be in 28 April ) . Sure I'll do the life in the uk and language test .
Supporting documents , I just start working since 2015 , I did some temporary jobs before but I have no proof , so is that okay to just send the p60 start from 2015 . And do I have to send my marriage certificate and my spouse ID ? Do I still have to show that my spouse exercising treaty rights ?
Thank you

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:42 am

tkshafati wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:12 am
Hi Hestepper , thank you very much for your replay ,
Yeah I am present in the U.K for 6 continues years (will be in 28 April ) . Sure I'll do the life in the uk and language test .
Supporting documents , I just start working since 2015 , I did some temporary jobs before but I have no proof , so is that okay to just send the p60 start from 2015 . And do I have to send my marriage certificate and my spouse ID ? Do I still have to show that my spouse exercising treaty rights ?
Thank you
You need to provide doc covering last 5 yrs including passport. Provide what you can explain the rest. No need for marriage cert and spouse exercising treaty rights

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Hstepper Thank you Bro for your help ,
I have a got another question please, I was looking through the AN application form and I can't see nowhere where to put the bank details or card details for the fees payment nor how much would it be ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm

tkshafati wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:18 pm
I have a got another question please, I was looking through the AN application form and I can't see nowhere where to put the bank details or card details for the fees payment nor how much would it be ?
fee leaflet (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm
tkshafati wrote:
fee leaflet (click)
Thank you CR001 for the replay , sorry for being a bother , another question please , how can I prove 6 years employment when I was depend on my EU suponsor first 3 years ?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 pm

tkshafati wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm
tkshafati wrote:
fee leaflet (click)
Thank you CR001 for the replay , sorry for being a bother , another question please , how can I prove 6 years employment when I was depend on my EU suponsor first 3 years ?
5 yrs employment you mean. You do not have to be in employment so you state you were unemployed. If you ar a non eea national, your passports covering the 5 yr period can serve as proof of living in the UK

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi hestepper

Yeah i mean I just start working since 2015 , well I did some temporary work but I can't remember the dates and a year in college , and yeah I am a non eu with PR .

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 pm

tkshafati wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm
Hi hestepper

Yeah i mean I just start working since 2015 , well I did some temporary work but I can't remember the dates and a year in college , and yeah I am a non eu with PR .
You can request for your employment history from HMRC. See thread
www.immigrationboards.com/indefinite-le ... t#p1618396

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - Form AN questions

Post by tkshafati » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi guys just a question regarding the good character, why would you mention fixed penalties like sp30 etc.. , if the penalty paid in time , like it said on the AN from such things will not be considered .
Quote from An from
"Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless either:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result • the person has received numerous xed penalty notices"

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation - Form AN questions

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:32 pm

tkshafati wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm
Hi guys just a question regarding the good character, why would you mention fixed penalties like sp30 etc.. , if the penalty paid in time , like it said on the AN from such things will not be considered .
Quote from An from
"Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless either:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result • the person has received numerous xed penalty notices"
You do not have to mention it. It may only work against an application when the mentioned factors arise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 am

tkshafati wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm
Quote from An from
I have merged your topics. Please stop tagging your questions onto other members threads/topics.

Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkshafati » Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Can anyone tell me please what the address to send the AN application to ? Please!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Have you read the guidance notes, clearly stated where to send the form if you are applying on your own by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)